Author Topic: Spax Shocks USA  (Read 2667 times)

AK1131

• View Profile
Spax Shocks USA
« on: July 24, 2014, 17:01:25 »
Here is my Spax shock story. My left rear shock is has a very minor leak probably do to age and lack of use (3300 original miles). I started hunting a shop in the US to replace the seal with no luck. At the same time I was trying to find another brand such Koni or Bilstein, etc. No luck. I then started searching for Spax replacements in the US. The answers I received were: no longer available, available from the UK at $461.00 each with a 10 week arrival time plus overseas shipping charge and there is on pair in stock at the Spax USA warehouse for $371.00 each plus $20.00 shipping.

This took a lot of banging on the internet. I found a lead from a gentleman with the same delemma search for Spax shocks for his CAV GT40. He found Bill at Mustangs Plus in Stockton, California. I contacted Bill. He called me back yesterday with the good news. Bill is a real Ford Guy. Great service 1-800-999-4289 ext 8015[8D]

westcott

• View Profile
Spax Shocks USA
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 22:35:54 »
Penske racing shocks could be a good alternative, they are used in Kirkhams. Just contact them next time.

http://shop.penskeshocks.com/PENSKE-RACING-SHOCKS-7500-SERIES-DOUBLE-ADJUSTABLE-COIL-OVER-PS-75CODA1/

Uwe
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler!