Author Topic: AC Buckland  (Read 11943 times)

dsjw1

• View Profile
AC Buckland
« on: July 30, 2006, 23:36:55 »
I'm interested in purchasing a Buckland Drophead coupe. Please let me know if you are aware of any on the market. My Grandfather was intimately involved in building these cars and I'm very interested in purchasing one!

Regards

David
   The Woodlands, TX USA

peterkidner

• View Profile
AC Buckland
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 09:32:28 »
quote:
Originally posted by dsjw1

I'm interested in purchasing a Buckland Drophead coupe. Please let me know if you are aware of any on the market. My Grandfather was intimately involved in building these cars and I'm very interested in purchasing one!

Regards

David
   The Woodlands, TX USA

peterkidner

• View Profile
AC Buckland
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 09:42:27 »
I have a 1949 Buckland Tourer (that featured with photo in the original Motorsport review of Sep 1952), which I restored in 1973 and drove for a couple of years - I took it to the Wycombe ACOC Concours that year. However, as a serving Naval Aviation officer I had to put it on blocks, where it has stayed for 34 years, suffering the assaults of kid's bikes etc. It was always my intention to get it back on the road once I retired, which I did after 37 year service in 2004, but this now looks increasingly unlikely. It is all there, but my priority would be to have the engine professionally rebuilt - I always had a hint of water in the oil, despite fitting new liners. I also scrapped a 2l Saloon for spares, so have its engine parts, front & rear wings plus other bits. No reasonable offer refused.

quote:

Regards

David
   The Woodlands, TX USA

mike smith

• View Profile
AC Buckland
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 22:47:00 »
quote:

Regards

David
   The Woodlands, TX USA

mike smith

• View Profile
AC Buckland
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 22:51:14 »
David
    If you are still looking let me know as I am the registrsr for the Buckland within the club Please dont expect an instant reply though as I only turn this thing on about once a month!!
              Regards
                Mike Smith

mike smith

• View Profile
AC Buckland
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 22:55:38 »
David

If you have any Photos or information on the Buckland body works from you grandfather please let me and the club know as we all would be fascinated to hear about it
                 Regards
                      Mike Smith
                        Bucland Registrar