Author Topic: EL 1205 and ELX 1141  (Read 2830 times)

ace

• View Profile
EL 1205 and ELX 1141
« on: June 17, 2014, 01:16:32 »
A quick update on these two cars, as I have just acquired EL1205. Both were purchased by Herman van Velsen around 1998, EL1205 from me in a complete but poor state. His intention was to rebuild both. He did an excellent but incomplete job on ELX1141 before he sadly passed away last year, and this car is now being finished by a friend. My car was stripped to a rolling shell with the intention of restoring it later. I have now bought EL1205 back to the UK and am collecting all the bits together and looking for a good home for it. I originally purchased it in 1976 but put it aside and eventually sold it as I was preoccupied with work on my Ace 2.6. But it is high time the old gentleman (Geoffrey: GFY 707) took centre stage and as I have neither the time nor the facilities to restore it, I am looking for a buyer who will do a good job and get started seriously and promptly. Some useful work has already been done on the engine (crank reground and rods remettalled.) The car's future is more important to me than the sale price (within reason!). After being involved with this car for nearly 40 years, I feel it is my job to secure its future.

3.5 Pints at the Bar

• View Profile
EL 1205 and ELX 1141
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 17:31:26 »
I gather that these are both Bucklands? If you would like a free advert for EL1205 on the aclitre.com website, please get in touch.

Ian

dsjw1

• View Profile
EL 1205 and ELX 1141
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 09:10:36 »
Ace I'd  be interested in learning more. I'm in search of a buckland. The drive for me is that my grandad designed and built this car at buckland body works. Sam Wightman was my grandfather. Could you reach out to me at dsjw66@gmail.com?

Look forward to hearing from you!

David wightman