Author Topic: Door panels off  (Read 1830 times)

jbottini

• View Profile
Door panels off
« on: March 24, 2007, 23:08:25 »
The leather restorer and I navigated the inside door panels today. Really not to bad. The chrome interior lock slide unscrews, there are two phillips screws in aft edge of door, 2 in leading edge of door (over the hinge-you'll need a ratchet side drive screw driver too get them out). To get at these you'll need to take the under dash lip filler pieces out, couple of phillips heads as well. The inside door handles unscrew easily and the slide the inside door unlock lever black plastic trim (can't recall whether it slid fore or aft) to release the panel there. As you might suspect you have an aluminum panel with leather trim in your hand.Bottom compartments ( for maps and such) can be taken off with a few screws, we left them on. As was posted earlier, the dash comes away after screws in underside are removed as well as some in side of lower portion going into tunnel. As soon as I figure out the picture attachment decoder, I'll post some pictures. Jim

Mark IV

• View Profile
Door panels off
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 22:41:47 »
The "picture attach decoder" comes 6 to 8 weeks after you send in enough boxtops![^]

Jim, I know you can figure it out, if a dedicated Luddite like myself can do it, you can!

Rick[:D]