Author Topic: 2015 Dinner Dance and Prize-giving.  (Read 5335 times)

shep

• View Profile
2015 Dinner Dance and Prize-giving.
« on: June 13, 2014, 15:23:41 »
I know it is far too early to think about next year, but The Elvetham Hotel is so much in demand that I have had to book already to grab one of the last remaining Saturday nights for 2015! As the venue and date is now booked, I thought it wise to let everyone know so there is less chance of ACOC members committing to other events. The dining room is reserved for 80 people on Saturday 28th February 2015, at the Elvetham Hotel, Hartley Wintney, Hampshire,RG27 8AS. I will also reserve 20 bedrooms as I did this year, which the hotel will hold for us until 1st January 2015. I have not yet set up the booking site with the hotel, but will update this Forum when it is possible for members to book.

Now let's get back to the barbecue! Who's taken the charcoal?

shep

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 15:49:47 »
I have just spoken to the bookings department at the Elvetham, and they can now take bookings for bedrooms.

Discounted rates for B&B per room are as follows:
   Single standard room £65.00 per night.
   Double standard room £85.00
   Double Superior room £95.00

Please quote booking reference KX 14386 AC Owners' Club to access discounted prices.

The Elvetham can be contacted on 01252 844871 or www.elvethamhotel.co.uk

DGoose

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 13:29:50 »

shep

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 16:59:37 »
Two weeks to go! If you haven't received tickets, I haven't got your booking, so please let me know straight away. We have passed last years's total of 80 already and I hope to exceed 90 this year. Although 28 rooms have already been booked, the Elvetham Hotel still has a couple of rooms available, and they have helped us to put together an even better event than last year.

The Dinner and Prizegiving will take place in the Library Room as last year, but we also have the Oak Room next door, where we will meet for drinks at 7.00 accompanied by a marvellous singing group called "My Favourite Things". After dinner there will be dancing in the Oak Room, which will not disturb those who wish to continue chatting at the tables. Luxury!

To spare the rush I have pre-ordered 2 bottles of Aussie Juniper Crossing Cabernet Merlot Red, and 2 bottles of Chilean Ladera Verde white for each table of 10. It works out an extra £10 per head to be paid to the table monitor on the night. Anyone wishing to exchange for an alternative will be able to do so on the night. Bottled water is complimentary and soft drinks available. We did the same last year, and everyone seemed really happy. I have already booked 3 Vegetarian meals and 2 Coeliac meals, so please let me know of any special dietary requirements.

It all appears to be shaping up very well, and I am really looking forward to another great night. If you fancy coming, there is still some room! Andy.

shep

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 09:18:50 »
It is the last week, and we have 87 confirmed bookings which leaves 3 seats spare! There are 2 on the "Twenty-somethings table" if any sons or daughters are interested in meeting like minded younger members, and we could squeeze another couple onto the table with one spare seat! Please send me a private message if you are interested. Andy.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 17:52:59 »
   Andy , Karen and those who helped put together this years Awards/Dinner and Dance..

A Big THANK YOU..You Excelled.
   Even better than previous year...[;)].

The One minute standing ovation/celebration to Julie Lessiter, Peter Tyler and Keith Judd was well supported by all 87 members and was a great way to celebrate their lives pay our lasting respect.

Andy's account of AC ACtivities throughout 2014 and future calendar
   was well received.

All proceeds from this years raffle and the Auction of the two solid silver "Eaton" bear key rings will be going to McMillan Cancer Support.....[^]
   exACt figure to be confirmed. (A good Cause and much appreciated)[:)]

All in all a great event that could have been even better if supported by those who didn't turn up to collect their well earned awards...[:(].

Last but not least,  A big thank you to all those who came along and made this years event such a success.

Keith..[:)]

shep

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 22:14:40 »
A huge thank you to all those last night who made the 2015 Dinner Dance a runaway success. As Keith said we had 87 members and guests which was perfect. The evening kicked off with a chilled glass of Prosecco, accompanied by the 3 girl singing group "My Favourite Things" who were brilliant. The hotel staff at the Elvetham couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful, and their chef excelled himself with 4 appetising courses. The raffle and the auction of the two solid silver bear key rings so generously donated by Paul and Jacqui Eaton raised £1020 for McMillan Cancer, who do a wonderful job and bring help and comfort to cancer patients and their families. Keith, I would like you to be involved in making the ACOC donation to McMillan in memory of Julie. So far the feedback has been 100% positive and it is likely we will try to rebook for 2016. Andy.

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 09:44:23 »
An excellent event that went very fast (how did it get to 03.30?) and a great venue.  Thanks to all the organisers!

hawk289

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 10:42:57 »
Agree fully, very good. We left early around 1am, thanks to all the hard work in setting up for us

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 19:13:44 »
   Bryan

You retired a little to early,  The last of us hit the sack at 04.10.
   Never did turn the lights out. Left that to Andy as he was behind me as  I climbed the 2nd flight of stairs.

No Clive  at 02.00 hours this year at the Bar in his Jim Jams...  Dave your last bottle of red was shared to the end. We are not sure where you acquired that last bottle, but it went down well. Bar man went home and time to retire before the early risers meet us on the stairs.

A great Do, a must for 2016, those that missed this years do, must book next year, a great crowd, good food, good company and a great chance to catch up with  Friends old and new...[;)]

Keith