Author Topic: WTB AC Ace w/o original engine  (Read 3499 times)

Cargirl

• Exceptional Car Broker
    • View Profile
WTB AC Ace w/o original engine
« on: June 07, 2014, 17:52:04 »
Looking for a LHD AC Ace.  We don't want a matching numbers car. Or even one with the correct engine.  Maybe one that was a project and then put to the wayside.  Looking for a good solid body and chassis. It can have anything under the hood (except mice).  Please let me know if there is anything out there.   PM me.

shep

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 17:09:05 »
Hi, as you know, these cars are fast appreciating in value, and the best returns seem to come from cars which are as close to original spec as possible. Do you already have an engine and gearbox, or are you looking for all the parts to re-build a complete car? Everything is out there if you know where to look. Andy.

Cargirl

• Exceptional Car Broker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 19:06:11 »
Andy,

I am familiar with the cars and can attest first hand that they are escalating in value.  I am indebted to many of the guys on this very forum for helping me understand and learn about the cars.

My client would like to buy an Ac Ace with a 289 Ford V-8.  He is a corvette guy that loves the Ace body and would like to pair it with the V8 engine.  But we have also talked projects - taking a good body and chassis from a car that hasn't been Cobarized perhaps in someone's garage in the 70's.  It would not be cost effective (or ethical) to chop up a perfectly good car with the right engine - so I am leaning toward the project.  Not really looking to rebuild the whole car.  Even if we just find the chassis and the body there is a good chance the car still has history.  A parts car would not.

Dale W

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 01:40:31 »
Still waiting for your response to my email...

Cargirl

• Exceptional Car Broker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 15:15:08 »
quote:
Originally posted by Dale W

Still waiting for your response to my email...

Odd but I did not get your e-mail.  I am also not getting notices when new posts are added to this topic.  I will check with the administrator.  In the meantime I have sent another e-mail with my phone number.  Thanks,
   Kelly

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 17:15:41 »
This forum model doesn`t auto-notify of posts to a subscribed thread, I thought this was a pain at first, but it keeps you coming back!

Cargirl

• Exceptional Car Broker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 18:44:35 »
Well that it does. At least now I know there is nothing wrong with the site.

markn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 01:35:56 »
Hi Kelly, I may know someone, flick me an email. info@marknugent.com.au