Author Topic: 39 PH : Evidence of a new chassis  (Read 12058 times)

rstainer

• View Profile
39 PH : Evidence of a new chassis
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2014, 14:46:47 »
Aaron and Stephen should become registrars: they would then find that their positions have unfortunate consequences in law. As I understand them these positions cast doubt on Paul Vestey’s Cobra ownership, Joachim von Beust’s Cobra ownership and Alex Boswell’s Cobra ownership, to name just a few who spring to mind.

A short while later Aaron and Stephen would receive proceedings (probably including, but not limited to, malicious defamation), as would whatever Club had appointed them as registrars. There would be no defence to these proceedings because Aaron and Stephen would be acting unlawfully by, inter alia, redefining ‘ownership’ on a basis that has no foundation in any leading jurisdiction. In consequences Aaron and Stephen would be £100,000 or more out of pocket.

A knowledge of the law is essential to any registrar in a sensitive position, including a legal understanding of ‘qualified privilege’ and the conditions it entails. It would be better for any future poster to this string to research the law before offering further insights.

I will not make any further posting to this string, except in response to quoted legal precedent, being uninterested in uninformed opinion.

RS

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2014, 00:52:34 »
quote:
Originally posted by rstainer

Aaron and Stephen should become registrars: they would then find that their positions have unfortunate consequences in law. As I understand them these positions cast doubt on Paul Vestey’s Cobra ownership, Joachim von Beust’s Cobra ownership and Alex Boswell’s Cobra ownership, to name just a few who spring to mind.

A short while later Aaron and Stephen would receive proceedings (probably including, but not limited to, malicious defamation), as would whatever Club had appointed them as registrars. There would be no defence to these proceedings because Aaron and Stephen would be acting unlawfully by, inter alia, redefining ‘ownership’ on a basis that has no foundation in any leading jurisdiction. In consequences Aaron and Stephen would be £100,000 or more out of pocket.

A knowledge of the law is essential to any registrar in a sensitive position, including a legal understanding of ‘qualified privilege’ and the conditions it entails. It would be better for any future poster to this string to research the law before offering further insights.

I will not make any further posting to this string, except in response to quoted legal precedent, being uninterested in uninformed opinion.

RS

RS you are obviously having a funny 5 minutes again , all I asked were a few questions , you have been more than grateful to receive information from me both by email and in telephone conversations ( plus photographs) in the past for your register . All I asked were a few questions regarding VIN & chassis No`s and don't need to research any laws to ask a few questions .

I suggest you read my comments again , my comments do NOT cast doubt over the authenticity of any cars mentioned in this thread.

SB7019

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2014, 09:22:29 »
Aaron..

You may, indeed, want to research the legal implications of rhetorical questions in defamation cases?

ACOCArch

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2014, 02:01:51 »
quote:
Originally posted by SJ351

The original Thames Ditton factory bible has a number of new chassis recorded as being supplied to both Ace and Cobra cars as replacements ......

Which 'factory bible' are you making reference to?

rstainer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2014, 16:31:19 »
John, our Archivist, deserves the answer from Steve James to his question: Which 'factory bible' are you making reference to? I’m looking through a Bible copy and am truly interested in the answer as well.

This string is to add factual information about its subject - 39 PH: Evidence of a new chassis. Please desist from postings that don’t add to the world’s knowledge (imaginings, speculations, personal points of view from disgusted of Tunbridge Wells etc).