Author Topic: Speedbleeder brake valves  (Read 2540 times)

pjbowman

• View Profile
Speedbleeder brake valves
« on: March 31, 2014, 23:07:42 »
Has anyone had any experience with the speed bleeder brake cylinder bleed valves:

http://www.speedbleeder.com

Look interesting, I'm thinking of fitting a set to my Ace.
Peter B.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 01:49:25 »
Peter

Looks interesting, Are they compatible with the imperial threads in the slave cylinder or are they metric. [?]  if different you could retap the thread, However could be quicker and easier to source the extended bleed nipples as mentioned on earlier thread.  (Excuse the pun, not intended).

Keith

pjbowman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 03:18:36 »
Keith, I pulled the valve out of the old cylinder (Girling) that I had removed, and they make one (even extended) that matches the size and thread - 3/8 x 24.. They are cheap enough that I think I'll go ahead and get a set, and then report back. If they work, this will make the job a whole slot easier!
Peter B.

aCMXCVIIIer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 05:56:51 »
I had them on my Cobra's Girling brake calipers and clutch slave for years with no complains to date.  They're readily available at most car parts stores here in the US and reasonably priced.

Exowner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 10:28:25 »
I didn't even know these things existed until read your post. I looked them up and now I know what they are. Having read the bumph, I can say that they are overselling it as well as omitting some of its shortcomings. On their website they state that a pressurised system costs $300 dollars. A Gunson Easibleed can bought new for under £20.
   These fancy valves still require you to pump the pedal, so you have no idea if any bubbles are coming from the system, whereas with a pressurised system you can watch to see if any bubbles are being forced out. I have used a pressurised system for many years on many vehicles and have even been able to buy a selection of master cylinder caps that suit every vehicle I've come across. My view of these fancy valve comes under the general heading of "Hype it enough and someone will buy it"

Look interesting, I'm thinking of fitting a set to my Ace.
   [/quote]