Author Topic: Move to ban classic cars from Central London  (Read 2180 times)

cobham cobra

• View Profile
Move to ban classic cars from Central London
« on: March 18, 2014, 16:16:49 »
You may already be aware of this unwelcome move, but have you signed the petition?
   Boris the mayor of London wants to ban classic cars from Central London. This would bring an end to many wonderful events such as the London to Brighton Veteran Car Run. It would also prevent us from enjoying our cars in our capital city. Apart from it being wrong it also has the potential of being the thin end of the wedge.
   Classic and Sports Car magazine have started an online petition – if you enjoy the freedom of the road in your AC please consider supporting the petition and forwarding the link others.
   http://www.classicandsportscar.com/news/general-classic-car-news/help-csc-fight-the-london-classic-car-ban

rstainer

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 19:27:48 »
The Transport for London (TfL) proposal, as earlier described by a person involved, is to ban vehicles that don’t meet EU4/6 emissions standards from using the central Congestion Charge Zone during charging hours. As an inner London resident I would support such a proposal (subject to detail) which would have no effect on the enjoyment of our cars.

It need have no effect on the London Brighton run either, a Sunday event which starts in Hyde Park and heads South.

Jam2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 05:12:39 »
I also live inside the square mile, and totally support the ban on vehicles not meeting the relevant emission laws.  It would inconvenience me a bit as I would have to come and go before 7am and after 6pm.  But I would accept that.