Author Topic: Ace or Ace Bristol project car for sale anywhere?  (Read 3800 times)

pjbowman

• View Profile
Ace or Ace Bristol project car for sale anywhere?
« on: February 18, 2014, 01:33:15 »
I have a friend looking for a project Ace or Ace Bristol, doesn't even have to be a complete car. Anyone know of any for sale?
Peter B.

Dale W

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 04:09:40 »
quote:
Originally posted by pjbowman

I have a friend looking for a project Ace or Ace Bristol, doesn't even have to be a complete car. Anyone know of any for sale?

This Ace could be for sale...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwtDB4Sfe2UGOWF2Vk9WNkdUdVk/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwtDB4Sfe2UGQVhRLVdkT3pDTzQ/edit?usp=sharing

AE162...someone started Cobra-izing many years ago it but never finished. SBF and transmission is in place. No wiring. Car is in ridiculously good condition...obviously stripped of any finish. Been in dry climate-controlled storage for years.

PM or email for more details...

Dale

awilliams

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 21:09:42 »
If it's still for sale, there's a partially restored car at Automotive Restorations in Stratford, CT.  It is a complete car and the work that has been done on it is quite good.  I know the car well and knew the owner, who died half way through the restoration which is why it is for sale.  Last I heard they were putting together a deal to sell it to someone in France but I don't know if it went through.  The car is still on their site.  automotiverestorations.com

Cargirl

• Exceptional Car Broker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 14:38:44 »
quote:
Originally posted by awilliams

If it's still for sale, there's a partially restored car at Automotive Restorations in Stratford, CT.  It is a complete car and the work that has been done on it is quite good.  I know the car well and knew the owner, who died half way through the restoration which is why it is for sale.  Last I heard they were putting together a deal to sell it to someone in France but I don't know if it went through.  The car is still on their site.  automotiverestorations.com

The owner is dead?  I just talked to him a few months ago. He's only in his 40's.  What a shame.  At  200,000.00 for a car that is not numbers matching (started life as a D2 is now a D) and with a "history" that no longer exists  I think the prospective buyer of a project Ace would be better off continuing his search.

awilliams

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 17:02:31 »
Let me clarify.  The step son of the owner of ARI bought the car after the person who was having it restored died so the AC remained at ARI.  He was going to continue the restoration but has decided to get out of the car.  It was for sale in PA about 8 years ago by the original owner and I thought about buying it as AC Bristols were very hard to find then and I considered a restoration project.  Steve Kursh was braver than I and bought it and took it to Automotive Restorations.  Work stopped when he died a couple years ago.  The original engine is, I believe, still with the car as it was there when Steve bought it. For whatever reason it was decided to have another rebuilt. 200,000 is a steep price for a project but at something less, it's a very worthwhile project.

Cargirl

• Exceptional Car Broker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 17:15:08 »
You are correct about the owners. I went to see the car last summer. I am quite certain the original engine does not come with the car. Due diligence is all I can say.

awilliams

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 18:44:45 »
Regardless, it's all moot now anyway.  I just checked with ARI and the deal went through earlier this week.  The car will soon be off to France.

pjbowman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 14:15:32 »
Thanks all, the search continues…...
Peter B.