Author Topic: New Correct Ace,Aceca,Greyhound & Cobra Fuel Caps  (Read 106100 times)

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
New Correct Ace,Aceca,Greyhound & Cobra Fuel Caps
« Reply #225 on: September 03, 2013, 00:20:07 »
   EARA

Replied to your email and copied Gerry.

Gerry has your new email and delivery address, but carrier requires telephone contact number.  Can you please confirm via email direct to ...

Gerry@hawkcars.co.uk.

Instructed Gerry to despatch 4 or 5 of your 19 caps with correct Screw Base just in case one or two of your customers wants a base
   or has incorrect cap hence will need a base...Hope this meets with your approval....[;)]

Thank you and your colleagues for being so patient.

Keith...[:)]

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 13, 2013, 11:34:15 »
   Ebbiemerritt in USA is seeking help in locating the 2 1/4" 12TPI internally shouldered screw threaded collar (approx 2" long)  for securing his batch of new Ceandess Fuel Filler Caps to his customers Cobras.

I have tried numerous avenues without success, [:(]
   Does anyone especially in USA have a friendly machine shop that can manufacture a batch of say 20/24 units.[?].. [?].

I will continue trying in UK but in the meantime if any one can help Eara please contact him via email ...

Ebbiemerritt@aol.com

If positive, please keep us all informed as there are others who may require the same. (Hmmm... Must speak to Gerry )

Many thanks.

Keith..[:)]..[:)]

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 13, 2013, 11:53:04 »
Think Automotive sell various threaded adapters & the Presto caps but do not have 2&1/4" listed but it might be worth seeing if they will have them made ' www.thinkauto.com ' 02085681172

Robin

DHAceca

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 14, 2013, 20:20:50 »
Hi Keith,

Just received my new filler cap to go on my project Aceca in due course. Thank you for sticking with this lengthy project the result well worth it.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 19, 2013, 12:15:11 »
quote:
Originally posted by Robin A Woolmer

Think Automotive sell various threaded adapters & the Presto caps but do not have 2&1/4" listed but it might be worth seeing if they will have them made ' www.thinkauto.com ' 02085681172

Robin

Called in at "Think Automotive" during the week, they have a vast stock and very comprehensive catalogue, Spent a fair time looking through stores and going through catalogues, unfortunately they do not have 2 1/4" 12TPI screw threaaded colar. Very helpfull and friendly service...
   Has any one come up with a potential supplier [?]..

Keith..[:)]

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 17, 2013, 01:10:49 »
.Saturday 16th November.

A big thank you to Mike Mansergh for producing very detailed drawing of the Screw Threaded Collar and assistance from Austin Weltman.. in sourcing a machine shop to manufacture a small batch.

Gerry Hawkridge has placed order to have 36 units fabricated to exact dimensions, only deviation is they will be made in Ali/Alloy material not in Steel as per original units.
   Making them easier and cheaper to reproduce..[;)].

Should anyone require a collar please contact Gerry at Hawk Cars Ltd , place your order to reserve one...

Keith[:)]

justnow

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 22, 2014, 12:57:21 »
Hi, pretty new to the ACOC. Owning a Ac Ace Bristol and I now realize that she has the wrong fuel filler cup. I think it is from an Aston Martin. Where can I purchase the original Fuel cup and whatever it needs to install it. Thais a lot in advance. Wilhelm

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 22, 2014, 13:10:34 »
Gerry Hawkridge at Hawk Cars Ltd, his advert is in AC Action inside front cover for contact details.

B.P.Bird

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 22, 2014, 15:19:15 »
Wilhelm, be careful of going to a Candess fuel cap - the fuel cap you have now might well be correct. The early cars used an Enots Monza fuel cap, made in brass and apparently the same as used on the 2 litre saloon. Here is one:

I have no idea when the Candess was first fitted. Perhaps all Ace Bristols had the Candess - could The Ace or Ace Bristol Registrar come up with a chassis number when the change was made? Can anyone confirm ?

justnow

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 22, 2014, 15:41:32 »
Dear both, thank you very much for the quick answer. My fuel filler cup looks very much like the ones you took photos of. So will leave it as is. So many little things to fix. She has not been driven for the last couple of years. Means almost all seals, gaskets and bearings have to be replaced. And the sun is shining! Have a great weekend Wilhelm

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 23, 2014, 11:45:23 »
Wilhelm

Not 100% sure when AC Cars changed the fuel filler cap from The Monza Cap to the Ceandess Lozenge shaped filler cap with the Key hole shaped release.

Looking through dozens of  Ace photographs both current and period it would appear the change occurred in the 2nd quarter of 1955.. (April/May or June). Difficult to home in accurately as period photos are not always clear and current photos could depict the Ace after restoration or having had replacement cap fitted over the past 50 odd years.

Please note I have started a fresh thread reference change of  components/ fittings during early production of the Ace .... Hopefully we can eventually home in on a more accurate date on many of these subtle changes...[;)]

From recent email correspondence I believe you have purchased BEX312, being a 1957 Ace it should have the Ceandess Fuel Filler Cap. Copy recently produced with a few surplus units available via Gerry Hawkridge.
   Please note you must ordr unit with the correct screw threaded base and you will need to have a screw threaded adaptor collar with extention tube made in order to secure unit to rear wing and locate  rubber hose to fuel tank.
   I will e-mail you drawing confirming accurate dimensions, later today.

In the meantime enjoy the Ace as it is and replace the fuel filler at a convenient later date.

Keith..[:)]

justnow

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 23, 2014, 14:51:15 »
Hi Keith, again thank you. Recognized that you started a new thread. And yes BEX312 is parking in my garage. Would you be so kind and send me the information please. Sure there will be a next winter and that is the right time to start these little projects. Take care Wilhelm