Author Topic: Brake parts availability and interchangeability  (Read 14865 times)

Klassik Metall

• View Profile
Brake parts availability and interchangeability
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2014, 08:25:24 »
I'm surprised that no one has pointed out that a brake bleeding tool was included in the original tool kit with these cars. It's exactly as you have described a tubular box spanner with a handle and you can find a photo of it in this thread.
   http://www.acownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1158&SearchTerms=aceca,tools

Regards Luke.

pjbowman

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2014, 02:17:21 »
Thanks Luke, that's basically what I made! I did make mine with a bent handle to clear the drums (due to the angle of the valves), will be trying it out this weekend.
Peter B.

pjbowman

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2014, 02:18:23 »
quote:
Originally posted by B.P.Bird

Peter I am using these http://www.automec.co.uk/collections/brake-fittings/brass-bleed-screws  - Look for the 1.44" length.

Great, thanks BP!
Peter B.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2014, 19:43:05 »
   Peter

Spent part of the Easter break in the garage refurbishing the Brakes on BEX333.

New Alfin Brake drums up front, new brake shoes and linings all round and ground of front adjuster cams and fitted 4 new cams, old ones had vertually no teeth.
   Noticed rear brake shoes incorrectly orientated, In the 49000+ miles I have done in BEX333,I had always just refurbed and put back as found,  Since rebuild and couple of trips round the village to set up and re-adjust, the transformation is really encouraging.
   Must now put a hundred miles or so on the clock to bed brakes in prior to competing at Shelsley Walsh Hill Climb on 3rd and 4th May. (along with six other ACOC members forming special invitation class just for ACs.)..[;)]

Will post pictures and report next month on Forum and possibly in small  artical in a future issue of ACtion.

Peter .. .. .. Thanks for your thread on the Forum,  has definitely proved useful.. appreciated. ....[;)]

Keith..[:)].

pjbowman

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2014, 05:26:52 »
Thanks Keith, guess I wasn't the only one with the shoes oriented the wrong way! AEX127 is all back together, brakes bled, and working great. Need to put some miles on them to really get them seated in, but so far so good. Travel and a pretty cold/nasty Spring hasn't allowed me to get out and drive as much as I want yet!
Peter B.