Author Topic: Cholmondeley Pageant of Power, June 2014  (Read 5299 times)

nikbj68

• View Profile
Cholmondeley Pageant of Power, June 2014
« on: February 10, 2014, 23:09:28 »

Dear AC Owners Club,

The Cholmondeley Pageant of Power – June 13th-15th 2014

Club Area sponsored by Morris Lubricants

Last year’s Pageant of Power at Cholmondeley Castle was blessed with good weather and it was fantastic to have over 60 clubs attending.

Click photo to view video highlights gallery

Plans are progressing nicely for our Italian themed 2014 event where we will also be celebrating Maserati’s 100th anniversary.  Our track entry will be the most exciting and diverse ever and of course our air and water displays are set to thrill.

We are delighted to announce that Status Quo will be playing live at our opening concert on Friday 13th June.

Rik Parfitt is an ardent petrolhead and we hope to get him on track over the weekend.  His son, Rik Parfitt Junior is set to drive a GT40 - so watch this space.  You may have seen the press release, but incase not, Rik Parfitt said "The Cholmondeley Pageant of Power is all about noise, engine fumes and having some serious fun.  Works for me! Whilst all the band love cars and the world of motoring, I have been a serious petrolhead for as long as I can remember.  As well as getting to perform for what we know will be a great crowd, being in amongst the action with some serious machinery is going to be a real buzz for me!  Cars, bikes, helicopters - count me in!"

So, this year’s Pageant of Power is set to rock and we do hope you will be able to join us.
   There are special discounted prices for Club members and friends.

There is no limit on the number of vehicles displaying on each club pitch, although for guidance we would ask that you indicate the expected required pitch size on the booking form.

We would urge your members to take advantage of the heavily discounted 3 day package which this year includes the Status Quo concert on the Friday evening (Fireworks concert tickets on the Saturday night are also discounted).

I do hope you will be able to join us for what promises to be an unforgettable weekend.

Best regards
   Pippa Lomax
    Club Administraton

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 15:19:12 »
We`re trying to get an idea of numbers for an official ACOC presence, so if you fancy attending the "Goodwood Festival of the North", please add a message below.
   It really is a cracking event, great access to cool cars* & star owners/drivers, something for everyone, male, female, young or old.
   To benefit from 'early bird' booking, we need a good idea of numbers in the next month or 2, so come & join us!

*Not just cars: bikes, boats, planes, helicopters, MAD, Mad machines from the Sinsheim Museum, Chris Williams` monsterous firebreathing beasts... the list goes on & on!

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 19:45:09 »
Now Nik ,the fact that Status Quo are playing , could very well temp me there even though the latest band are not the "ORIGINAL" Line up, which I was luckily enough to see play in London last year after seeing them play live 10 times, Bit we wont say too much about the band not being the original line up of Francis Rossi, Rick Parfitt, John Coglan and Alan Lancaster as they have all been through many races over the years and some of the "original members" have been changed ! LOL ! Sounds Familiar ?

johnhannam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 20:03:44 »
Hi ,
   I could be tempted to attend as there are few North/Midland events for AC owners. Perhaps a few more people will be interested if you could mention the details of the discounted rates.
   Regards,
   John

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 18:32:36 »
Hi All. Apologies for the delay in getting these prices through, but here is a list of the Club Discounts:

Club Offer if bought before 31st March 2014:
   1. Club Adult 3 Day Pageant & Status Quo Concert   £50.00 Children £10 – (Public Adult £83, Children £31)
   2. Club Adult Friday Pageant & Status Quo Concert       £20.00 Children £10 – (Public Adult £38, Children £31)
   3. Club Adult Pageant Saturday or Sunday      £15.00 Children Free– (Public Adult £26, Children Free)
   4. Club Adult Saturday Fireworks Concert      £20.00 Children £10 – (Public Adult £22, Children £11)

Club Offer if bought after 31st March 2014 and before 15th May 2014
   1. Club Adult 3 Day Pageant & Status Quo Concert   £50.00 Children £10 – (Public Adult £93, Children £35)
   2. Club Adult Friday Pageant & Status Quo Concert       £20.00 Children £10 – (Public Adult £42, Children £35)
   3. Club Adult Pageant Saturday or Sunday      £15.00 Children Free– (Public Adult £30, Children £7)
   4. Club Adult Saturday Fireworks Concert      £24.00 Children £12 -   (Public Adult £27, Children £13.50)

On the Day
   1. 3 Day Pageant            Unavailable
   2. Adult Friday Pageant & Status Quo Concert   £50 Children £40
   2. Pageant Saturday or Sunday          £35.00 Children £10
   3. Adult Saturday Fireworks Concert Ticket   £35.00 Children £10

Friday Preview Day
   Please note all tickets for the Friday include the Status Quo Concert.
   There is no free access on the Friday.
   Camping Loyalty                         (Before 31st March 2014):   (After 31st March & before 15th May)
                                           Tents:      Caravans:   Tents:      Caravans:
   Thursday 12th & Friday 13th June   Free      Free      Free      Free
   Saturday Night 14th June      £15.00      £20.00      £20.00      £25.00
   Sunday Night 15th  June              £15.00      £20.00      £20.00      £25.00

Camping only available if booked in advance.

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 09:47:20 »
So it`s the CPOP this weekend, hope to see some of you there!
   Nik.

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 09:41:49 »
Had a great time at the Pageant of Power, some truly spectacular machinery and great drivers pedalling for all they were worth, and AC were represented by Crispin Harris in the AC 'Monoposto', who (all bias on my part aside!) was undoubtedly one of the most enthusiastic drivers of the weekend, with the Bristol engine barking and howling as he piled on armfuls of opposite lock on virtually every corner! Stunning stuff. [:)]
   Even the weather was kind to us! C`mon, let`s see more AC`s next year, the Greyhound was lonely!

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 20:36:17 »
Would love to have come up Nik, but unfortunatly I will be at the POP of the South Next week !

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 14:34:50 »
CPOP 2014 TV Highlights

Another year may be over but you can enjoy all the action again on TV. Don't miss the highlights hour programme on:

•BTSport , July 4th Friday 22.00
   •Channel 4, July 13th Sunday in their Sunday morning sports slot