Author Topic: Le Mans Classic 2014 Details  (Read 11257 times)

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Le Mans Classic 2014 Details
« on: December 29, 2013, 15:34:56 »

The 2014 Le Mans Classic  (4th, 5th & 6th July)  .

For More details and reservation of Chateau, Paddock Passes/ Grandstand Tickets and Ferry bookings, please contact :-
   Keith.lessiter@faac.co.uk. (Deposit of £125.00 per person)

Please note many who have prebooked are staying over for a few additional days then joining the AC members on / for  the ACOC International (Wednesday  9th July - 13th July)..

ACOC 2014 International, details on seperate thread.

Seperate bookings for either  event. Please contact:-

Keith.lessiter@faac.co.uk   or 07889 298226

Keith ..[;)]

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 13:35:48 »
Entry list #1 of competitors (half the grid) now published

http://www.lemansclassic.com/en/evenement/presentation/id/23/nom/Le+Mans+Classic/idmenu/148/menu/Entry+List

link currently not opening [:(]

you have to switch to the French version.. and the pdf file opens [:)]

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 14:07:10 »

French Frie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 17:02:09 »
Congratulations, Constant [:)] ! Even if it means you won't come with your MKIV [}:)] ... A friend of mine is also confirmed , in the Grid 4 (type E).

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 07:31:41 »
quote:
Originally posted by French Frie

Congratulations, Constant [:)] ! Even if it means you won't come with your MKIV [}:)] ... A friend of mine is also confirmed , in the Grid 4 (type E).

after LMC, I will be back in the region with the MkIV for the ACOC International [:)][:)]

is your friend by the way a certain Jean-Pierre Lajournade ??

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 07:33:24 »
quote:
Originally posted by MkIV Lux

entry list #2 just published
   http://peterauto.peter.fr/files/pdf/lmc/2014/engages/LMC2014_ListeEngages_N%C2%B02.pdf

link now changed again :
   http://peterauto.peter.fr/files/pdf/lmc/2014/engages/LMC2014_ListeEngages_N2.pdf

French Frie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 15:45:15 »
Great teaser, just published today :

http://youtu.be/tz3pvZAkn9w

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 17:08:03 »
   LATEST UP DATE on LE MANS CLASSIC 2014.

I have 30 cars and 54 people paid up on this side of the channel, I know we have Members from USA, Luxemburg, Germany, France etc.

I have one or two Ferry Crossing tickets available and must pay for the Paddock Passes Grandstand tickets this week, in order to get preferential terms.  So those still pondering , Now is the time to make the decision and commit to a greta event.

Jean Marc Dubost has a spare chateau at present, if we cannot fill it then we must relinquish and loose it to another club or group.
   The Restaraunt can accomodate a few more so those attending but not travelling with the ACOC group arer welcome to join us , but must pay a deposit.

Keep everyone posted via the Forum and in ACtion.

I take this opportunity to thank all those who have already paid deposit and will be in contact to confirm chateau arrangements and collect balance for ferry. ( Each Chateau one pays in Euro on arrival )

Those staying on in France to join the ACOC International can either stay extra night or two at their Chateau or find bed and breakfast whilst exploring the region.

Cheers for Now.

Keith..[;)]

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2014, 10:13:04 »
   Sunday 16th March

All accomodation  FULLY BOOKED ........

Anyone wishing to camp or source own accomodation, I have the following available:-

One Ferry ticket (with Cabin) still available.   Out with  ACOC group on Thursday night, 3rd July...Portsmouth to Cean and return Monday afternoon 7th July.

Two x three day paddock pass including Panorama grand stand still available.

A few Car entry pass available for AC cars parking area.

A quick thank you to all those who have paid deposit and supported  me for the 7th Le Mans Classic.

Confirmation of the various Chateau rented this year will be circulated in due course, along with road book and Ferry Tickets etc..[;)]

Cheers for Now

Keith..[:)]

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 01:14:04 »
   Tuesday 8th APRIL 2014.........

SOLD OUT.

If any ACOC member wishes to join and  park their AC in the Inner Ciruit with the rest of us, I have a few spare car entry passes (Free Of Charge) but all Paddock passes, Grand Stand tickets and Accommodation..  .. SOLD OUT     .

Keith.. ..  [:)]

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2014, 18:44:58 »
   Hi All.

Emails went out to all participants late last week, confirming Balance required to cover Ferry crossing, Gala Dinner and Entry/ Paddock and Grandstand Tickets.
   The Road Book and Ferry Tickets will be posted to you all along with the Le Mans Classic tickets which are due to land on my doorstep mid to 3rd week of June, hopefully earlier this year so every one remains in their comfort zone.

Please send cheques made payable to AC Owners Club Ltd and post to my home address , alternatively please electronically bank to AC Owners Club Ltd as per address detailed in email..[;)]

Jean Marc Dubost has designed this years Rally Plaque which will be issued on Saturday in the Bugatti Circuit, unless I receive them well in advance.

Looking Forward to meeting you all  upon arrival at Portsmouth, or on Friday night at the Gala Dinner,  Those who havent been before it isd best to organise a Taxi/mini bus from Chateau to Restraurant, French Police a strict on Drink Drive especially during the Le Mans Classic weekend..[;)]

Cheers for Now....

Keith & Jean Marc Dubost..[:)]...[:)]

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2014, 11:59:59 »
   Saturday 21st June 2014,

Le Mans Classic Tickets arrived via UPS this morning,  Ferry Tickets, LMC tickets/Passes, Le Mans Classic Road Book and Chateau details will be in
   the Postal System on Monday. 23rd June
..[;)]

Wish the French would despatch a week earlier, would make life easier for all.

Please Note:-

Jean Marcs Draft of Road Book for The  ACOC International received a couple of days ago, still to print of 22 pages x 40 copoies and add maps, these will be
   posted Tuesday/Wednesday..24th/25th June......[|)]...[|)]

All Le Mans Classic road books , tickets/passes etc and ACOC International road books posted Tuesday afternoon 23rd & 24thJune,  Big thank you Julie for staying up till 02.00 hrs for past couple of nights then starting again before breakfast..really appreciated..[:)]..[;)]

Keith   ..[:)]

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2014, 10:38:56 »
Courtesy BGS, a recent cautionary tale posted at Keith's request.....

French Frie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2014, 09:44:35 »
unfortunately, I cannot but confirm those infos[B)], even some are a bit sensationnalists... But it's true that now France is more restrictive than UK regarding speed limits, especially on men at work areas !

Since the beginning of this year,  the real peril is now the inboard radars, in every people cars, that can trap you on each side of the road. they're in 208, Renault Megane and now in Renault Kangoos, and can't hardly be distinguished from other cars ! only clues : gendarmes and policemen are in uniform, and the system is in a big box on the dashboard ... few cars, but great scores !

speed trap detectors are forbidden here, but you're allowed to use communautary apps, such as Coyote (can be subscribed for a month only) or Waze (free), which are well informed, even though the government forced them to be rather vague (4 kms on highways) about the place the speed traps are ...

be cautious, and farewell !

PS: the car can't be confiscated if the owner on the car papers is not the driver [}:)] ...

Classicus

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014, 12:00:23 »
Clarkson's point about being left marooned and penniless at the roadside sounds even less fun if you're a woman driver alone and late at night in pouring rain, never mind in the winter....

This meant we were left at the side of the motorway with not a penny and no way of driving the Aston and the Porsche. This wasn't the end of the world for us because the film crew came to the rescue, but if you are travelling alone, you are properly stuffed.