Author Topic: Ac Ace and Aceca Brooklands  (Read 5535 times)

hawk289

• View Profile
Ac Ace and Aceca Brooklands
« on: December 25, 2013, 11:50:39 »
Within the register, we have two types of Brooklands

1. The early type (first 60 chassis's), this is very easy to spot due to the headlights and bonnet being full aluminum. Within the first 60, we have the following

Pre-Chassis (DE1019) where all prototypes (Mk1)

Post-Chassis (DE1020-DE1060) Mk2)

2. Late Mk3 (commonly called South African Ace's). This again is easy to see with the headlight change to square and GRP bonnet. Small number of cars, including one converted to an Aceca Prototype

Sourced from Ac Heritage Website

3. Next the Aceca's as there are only four cars (one which a chassis) easier to show all of them

a. Prototype (Many Thanks to Rick Muck). Notice Mk3 Front end, it basically was stretched.

Rear was correct, straight off buck.

Side Shot

b. Aceca Prototype, first full chassis and was with new front end. This car looks very different to the first one. The car is currently owned by John Abel (me)

c. Aceca Prototype, next one is currently owned by Steve Grey. Is for sale. Note, you can see all the pictures on Ac Heritage Website

d. So the last one, well chassis. No.4. I have scanned the following pictures in from Photo's. You can see the car has No. 4 in a cycle. Used for testing components, was going to be first production car. I have all the panels to complete. All chassis parts as well, so you never know.

So there are all the variants on Ace / Aceca's. There was a hardtop available (I have the buck), some changes occurred to Hood, etc. during production. Windows changed between prototype and production Ace.

John

Mark IV

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 13:02:59 »
I have come upon pictures of the rear body buck at AC as well as some more Ace and Aceca pictures from May and September 1999. I will forward them.

There was an Aceca under build on the surface plate that was a stretched Ace when I was there last. Could that be chassis #4?

The light metallic blue LHD Ace was to be our USA display car. It was originally shipped from Hi Tech in a darker blue but was resprayed to "diamond blue" when AC thought they had a co-branding deal with DeBeers Diamonds.

There is a series 1 Ace at Hi Tech still that is yellow. I will see if I can find out the VIN and report.

hawk289

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 17:33:13 »
Only the first was an Ace Chassis variant. The last three had a similar chassis to the Ace but was longer and different in the rear section. I will post any picture you send, all building the history nicely.