Author Topic: Identifying Frua parts!  (Read 20552 times)

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Identifying Frua parts!
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2011, 09:09:02 »
There is a parts list for the 3000ME detailing the part number and origin of many of the outsourced parts used by AC, which has been compiled over the years by various owners.  It is included in my article on Buying, Running and Restoring and is published on the 3000ME page of this site.  If such a list exists for other models we will of course publish it but it is up to owners of a particular model to put the information together and check its accuracy.  So far there are NO 428 technical articles on the 428 page.  An enthusiatic Mk IV owner compiled the entries from dkp_cobra's rebuild and that is on the Mk IV page.  If anyone wants to do a similar thing for some of the Frua threads, please go ahead, send them in and I'll put them up.

Do not ask what your club can do for you - ask what you can do for your club!

J Jones

• View Profile
Identifying Frua parts!
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2011, 11:04:44 »
Well EXCUSE ME!
   News to me.
   There have been many volunteered entries for parts sourcing for 428's, and repeated entreaties for a page upon which these parts sources can be posted together.
   I appreciate (as I'm sure all the members are) the efforts of the administrator and the other officers of the club.
   Chastisement is not appreciated.
   Asking the Club for a place to put the parts sourcing list does not seem to be too much to ask.

Classicus

• View Profile
Identifying Frua parts!
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2011, 14:39:42 »
No mechanical expert at all, but I've just finished updating an old 428 spare parts and likely sources list (mostly UK) from everything I could find since, which I can post on here if it's any help ? New windscreens and identical looking bonnet springs included.

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Identifying Frua parts!
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2011, 19:51:31 »
My reply was not intended as chastisement but encouragement!

THE CLUB IS ITS MEMBERS.  It's up to all of you enthusiasts out there to get the information together and feed it in.  The 3000ME parts list was a collaborative effort by a number of interested members over a period of years. One or two were club officers but most were not.

Parts lists for other models have been suggested a number of times but nothing has materialised.

There is a place to put a parts list - each model has an 'Articles' page in the Members' section.  Some are well populated, some are not.  The Thames Ditton Cobra and 428 pages are both empty apart from the Lucas parts list for the Cobra, common to the Ace and Greyhound.

The same applies to ACtion, as Terry pointed out in this month's editorial.  Classicus, please do what you suggest and also write it up and send it to Terry for publication in ACtion.  I guess that 10 - 15% of ACOC members use the Forum but ACtion goes to them all.