Author Topic: AC Frua repaired floors, sills and inner wings  (Read 19484 times)

Emmanueld

• View Profile
AC Frua repaired floors, sills and inner wings
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2008, 21:43:54 »
Thanks Robin,

It's funny, this car looked relatively good when I bought it, Whatever I did not touch went bad, now the rear end is making some bad noises and will have to be serviced. Once that is done, the car will be basically new! I just love this car, it's very fast, It handles very well with the upgrades I did, I think it's beautiful
   and there are very few! It's worth it to me!

Regards,

Emmanuel

Classicus

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2008, 14:53:18 »
No expert but incredible work, a great effort and best of all one more ultra rare 428 saved ! As you rightly say they're a beautiful  and timeless classic. Once it's all finished don't forget to try and get a really good front page write up in the best American classic mag going ! That's bound to preserve many more as well.

Did you sort out a new windscreen in the end ?

Paul [:)]

Emmanueld

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2008, 20:11:04 »
Now the car is rust free and my wallet is lighter. I thought I should post some photos of the finished inner fenders front and rear. We made some additional aluminum panels we riveted to the repaired and painted foot-wells. We sandwiched very light aircraft ceramic insulation in between to keep the heat out. All the panel repairs were butt-welded which is the proper way but the hardest (inexperienced welder will warp the panels). For undercoating we used German Wurth SKS stone guard, it is what BWM and MB use at the factory. It dries hard, there is no need to prime if you don't want to. Only one drawback, it is very hard to remove once it is on.

Front: Left

Right

Rear:

The rubber plugs are there to seal little hole we made to inject Waxoyle. Despite all this work, the car was complete and was not missing any part. So few of these cars were made that if any trim is missing it might be virtually impossible to find. The man who worked on my car is an artist and I owe him a debt of gratitude for his wonderful job, there is no Bondo anywhere. And yes Paul, once the car is done we will do a write up in a magazine with both Jeffrey's and mine!

Emmanuel[:p]

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2008, 08:11:04 »
quote:
Originally posted by Emmanueld...The man worked  for 3 months, 8 hours a day, non-stop to do this!...Emmanuel [:)]

You should have called "Overhaulin' " , Chip Foose would have had it done in a week, with a Kick-A$$ sound system and leopardskin paintjob! [}:)]
   Thanks for sharing the amazing work you`ve had to do, I hope it encourages anyone considering the Cobra chassis-donor route to reconsider, and although on a "wrecks to riches" basis it may not be a moneymaker, You now have "Lazarus", good as new & ready to blow away any Z06 at the lights!