Author Topic: ACOC Dinner. Sat 8th March 2014  (Read 5881 times)

shep

• View Profile
ACOC Dinner. Sat 8th March 2014
« on: October 31, 2013, 13:24:29 »
A date for your diaries. We have booked the 2014 Dinner for ACOC members and their guests on Saturday 8th March 2014 at the Elvetham Hotel, Hartley Wintney, Hampshire,RG27 8AS. Tickets will be £55 each and will include pre-dinner bubbly, followed by a 3 course dinner and our prize giving. The Elvetham has offered us a special deal on rooms including Bed and full English breakfast, if booked before 1st January. Standard rooms £85 per double or £65 per single, and Superior rooms at £95 per double. Please quote reference KX12815 when booking on 01252 844871. www.elvethamhotel.co.uk.

At the council meeting tonight I will speak to David Goose about enabling ACOC members to purchase tickets via the Club Online Shop, and will publish details soon. You can book your rooms now, and reserve tickets when the forms come out in ACtion Magazine.

DGoose

• View Profile

shep

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 16:22:13 »
Entry forms for the 2014 ACOC Dinner will be included this month in the November copy of the ACtion Magazine, for members who prefer to return a written form. We have already received 9 reservations via the acownersclub-shop.co.uk website.

Hotel reservations need to be made directly with the Elvetham Hotel, either on-line at www.elvethamhotel.co.uk or by calling 01252 844871, quoting our special discount reference KX12815 in both cases.

Please put Saturday 8th March in your diary, and send in for tickets early so we can plan the event without a last minute panic.

Thanks and best regards, Andy Shepherd.

shep

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 16:48:53 »
Saturday 8th March is fast approaching and bookings are coming in nicely, but I hear from the hotel they have sold out of rooms!! I did advise to book before 1st Jan in my previous announcement so there is no excuse. There is a good hotel about 10 minutes away called the Basingstoke Country Hotel, and they still have a dozen or more rooms available. Standard double rooms are £93 for B&B, with deluxe at £133, and they can be reached on 01256 764161. Guests can share a minibus/taxi to and from the Dinner at the Elvetham. I have also organised some music at the dinner for those who wish to dance, so please book your tickets using the above link to the acownersclub-shop.co.uk, or email me directly. Thanks, Andy.

shep

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 15:04:48 »
Tickets are selling well, and we have just reached 60 with almost 4 weeks still to run. It would be great to reach our target of 80, so anyone who is thinking of joining us, please send me a message, or book via the acownersclub-shop.co.uk link above the photo. Thanks and see you there, Andy.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 14:55:08 »
   Andy & Karen

Julie and I would like to thank you for organising a Brilliant ACOC Dinner/ Dance and Awards Evening.....[:)]
   The Proof of a Good ACOC do is when did the last few retire to bed..[?]..[?]........... 03.30...I rest my case.[;)]
   Many of us were drinking and dancing when we realised it was after 01.00, the drinking ,dancing and conversation flowed.

Julie and I retired at about 02.00 so missed Clive returning to join rent a crowd for a drink in his PJs..

A Great Venue, great atmosphere, a great crowd  .....  A Great Annual Dinner/Dance and Awards event.

Thank you Andy & Karen for organising the venue and the music, Dave Goose for putting together the awards ceremony, Paul & Jacqui Eaton for engraving and polishing the  silverware,  Linzi Smart for the Photography and Maggy Thomas for the Table decorations.
   Last but not least everyone who turned up to make this years Dinner/Dance the best in the past 14 years. [:)]..[:)]

Keith & Julie [;)].

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 10:03:06 »
Thanks to Andy, Karen, David, Linzi, Maggy, Jacqui ….. R….S….P….B…..C….J… X, Y,Z (don’t remember all names and would definitely forget some ….. ) and to All who contributed and were present at the Annual Dinner….

Our First in 12 years of ACOC membership! And an award to crown it. Many thanks to the Committee.  We were very delighted to be with all of you attending the important event in a superb venue and we even had a chance to dance [;)].

It was a very worthwhile 1400 kms trip (unfortunately not in the Cobra, freezing temperatures at home obliging to stick to diesel power). Dany and I enjoyed the w/e very much, enabling us to discover Portsmouth, (re)visit Stonehenge and Salisbury, say hello to Terry & Suzi Richards and discover Heaven’s Gate overlooking  Longleat House, and on the way back stop at Canterbury for a visit of the Cathedral and stop by at Neil & Christine Bacon’s home on the way out to the Eurotunnel. Reached our home before midnight on the Sunday.  All in all some 13 hours driving with just a 2 minute traffic jam! I find that british drivers are very well disciplined and even heavy Sunday traffic was quite flowing.

Monday morning back to reality, a huge traffic jam took me 1h3/4 for commuting 18 kms to work (normally I do this in 15 minutes).

See you all at Le Mans Classic and the International the week thereafter.

Constant

AK1055

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 18:01:04 »
Thanks to all the organisers for a great event at a first class venue. The venue was far superior to the Hilton! Let's hope for the same venue next year so we can have the date as soon as possible for the diary.
   Malcolm & Sarah [:D]

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 20:42:52 »
Great venue and evening - thanks to those who helped organise and to all those who came along!

shep

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 16:25:36 »
What can I say? I enjoyed it just as much as all of you! I have spoken to the events organiser at the Elvetham, and they have a couple of dates free in March / April 2015. Because we only have 80 guests we can't get exclusive use of the venue, so there needs to be a similar sized party to share the hotel. I will cover the bases and see if a partner materialises so we can confirm it for next year. Thanks for all the encouraging words, and let's see if the ACOC Team can keep our members happy next year. I will keep you informed as soon as I know.