Author Topic: Aceca windshield (USA)  (Read 4241 times)

AEX542

• View Profile
Aceca windshield (USA)
« on: October 22, 2013, 06:24:48 »
Hello all,

I am trying to track down a windshield for my 55 Aceca, this is pretty much the last item needed to finish this resto, does anyone know of anywhere to get one, I am located in Arizona.

I looked into previous posts but it looks like the most recent was 2009, so I wasn't sure if anything new has popped up.

I have a local windshield guy that can make me one custom, but as I'm sure you can imagine it gets pricey.

Thanks,
   Austin

jrlucke

• View Profile
Aceca windshield (USA)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 07:02:26 »
These guys web page suggest they can do replacement glass for AC's but it may be a generic advertisement.

Looks like they are in the Phoenix area:

http://www.suntecautoglass.com/ac-cars-group-ltd-models/

John

Michael Trotter

• View Profile
Aceca windshield (USA)
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 15:07:07 »
Suggest you try Pilkington Classics at Urbancrest, Ohio - telephone 1.800.848.1351.  Pilkington made the original glass under the trade name Triplex and Pilkington Automotive still make windscreens in the UK. I think the price would be OK, delivery time dependent on filling a container for sea freight so could be slow.

AEX542

• View Profile
Aceca windshield (USA)
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 19:30:11 »
I put a message in with suntec, but I think you are right, I think that's a generic form.

I called Pilkington and they said they have never heard of an Aceca, said that the only AC they can get glass for is the original bodied Cobra.

B.P.Bird

• View Profile
Aceca windshield (USA)
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 01:03:19 »
Austin, I think Michael is correct: See both types of Aceca screen listed here, with Pilkington part numbers: http://www.pilkington.com/europe/uk+and+ireland/english/automotive/book-a-windscreen-fitter/makes-and-models/ac.htm
   However, Pedants Corner, the glass for Ace, Aceca and Greyhound was originally made by Tudor Glass and the modern glass seems to be tempered much harder and more brittle - strongly denied by the people at Pilkington I should add.
   There are smaller manufacturers around who, in my opinion, use a softer and more flexible level of temper, but I don't know if they have the fixture for the Aceca glass.

14kenyons

• View Profile
Aceca windshield (USA)
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 12:33:15 »
Hi chaps. When I got a new front screen for my Greyhound, I used Old School Windscreen company in Surrey, who ere not too expensive and got it to me in short order and it fitted perfectly...contact them at www.oldschoolwindscreens.co.uk and see if they can help.

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
Aceca windshield (USA)
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 13:49:00 »