Author Topic: Aceca for sale  (Read 8111 times)

bnwood

• View Profile
Aceca for sale
« on: October 09, 2013, 22:08:41 »
Number 1 of three made, to be sold by H and H at Duxford on 16 Oct 2013 Lot no. 62
   Chassis No. SA9AC2800VA03001 Engine No. VF100001,   4600 cc
   Been well done up looking at the photos. Made in 1999 . Can be viewed on their website. Estimated price £9000 - £11000.
   More info on Pistonheads. Anyone interested?

jbottini

• View Profile
Aceca for sale
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 22:34:59 »
RHD?

nikbj68

• View Profile
Aceca for sale
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 23:48:12 »
Yes indeed, Jim:
   Click a pic to visit H&H listing.

jbottini

• View Profile
Aceca for sale
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 23:49:20 »
Vehicle not on H&H list of offerings?

nikbj68

• View Profile
Aceca for sale
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 23:59:46 »
Sorry, editing overlap!
   Pistonheads
   H&H stocklist
   H&H Duxford catalogue

Mark IV

• View Profile
Aceca for sale
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 01:49:54 »
I have personally driven that car!

hawk289

• View Profile
Aceca for sale
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 09:38:16 »
Some background. There are four Ac Aceca Brooklands as follows:

Car No.1 - This aceca, which is a late Ac Ace Brooklands with a stretched chassis. That is why the headlamps are square and the rear is based on the Aceca Buck (which I have in storage). The chassis was not the same as the next three which are fully designed specially for the Aceca design. The late Ac Ace Brooklands is sometimes called "South African Cars". There are a small number out there, I know of 8 cars, but expect 10 just documenting the ones I have found.

Car No.2 / No. 3 - This was the production version of the car, I have one of the cars and Steve Gray has the other. Both variants are chassis's specific for Aceca and the buck, body has now changed with the sweeping front end, etc.

Car No.4 - The last chassis built, not completed. This is a full chassis like car No.2 and No.3 but never finished. I have all the parts to build the car including all bucks. Not sure if this will ever occur. But you never know.

Anyway, thought it would be worth putting some extra detail down. I have updated the register now to define a lot more detail. Plan in the new year to produce updated version for action.

Mark IV

• View Profile
Aceca for sale
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 12:18:54 »
When I last visited Brooklands in September 1999, the green Aceca was on the road, the black "generation II" Aceca was in final build and there was one more stretched chassis on the surface plate with bodywork in process.

The black NMS car was being "tweaked" for final design by John Saunders, we discussed things such as the dummy face shut line on the side to replicate the clamshell bonnet of the earlier car as the black car had an alligator bonnet. I suggested it be filled in, the Chairman had other ideas.

I have photos that I will need to dig out and post.

The Green Aceca prototype was used to deliver us and our luggage to Heathrow so it truly is a "grand tourer".

hawk289

• View Profile
Aceca for sale
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 12:29:01 »
Would be great to see the cars. I have pictures from the factory after the fire. Also will post pictures of the three "II" chassis acceca's. Out of interest did the green one that took you back to airport was this car or was it the "II" version?

jbottini

• View Profile
Aceca for sale
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 14:03:23 »
Rick, I don't recall which Acceca it was , only that was very well appointed.Jim

hawk289

• View Profile
Aceca for sale
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 14:06:40 »
I have the light green Aceca, which is different to the black one and first one (e.g. above). Just in the process of doing a full restore, the chassis design is incredible and will be a very quick car when completed.

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Aceca for sale
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 15:42:13 »
What was "the fire"?

jbottini

• View Profile
Aceca for sale
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 20:03:24 »
Did an Ace or acceca ever get completed in
   LHD...I sort of remember a diamond blue ace under construction in '99

hawk289

• View Profile
Aceca for sale
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 23:03:30 »
Reference the fire first, AC in 1999 had a factory fire. Will scan some pictures in I have of the cars in the factory. The car was dragged out, so was most of the parts.

5 of the 60 cars were LHD (ace's only). The Aceca where all RHD

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Aceca for sale
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2013, 01:57:21 »
   John.

Will send you a few photos of the Light Green Aceca,which I had the satisfaction of taking my late father round the Mercedes Benz test track on Fathers Day 17th June 2007. Please feel free to post one or two pictures on this thread and hopefully the pictures  can complement the history file of this rare AC Brooklands Aceca..[;)]

Steve gray kindly gave me the keys courtesy of Piers.

The Brooklands Aceca had 378 or 387 miles on the clock and had not  even been road registered.  My Father (Les) who was somewhat hard of hearing heard plenty of tyre squeel round the track.
   What a Fathers Day present...[:)]...[:)]

Thank you Steve and Piers...[;)]..Made Fathers Day very special..[:)]

Keith .