Author Topic: Small parts  (Read 3722 times)

Thunderbold

• View Profile
Small parts
« on: October 05, 2013, 15:12:26 »
Gentlemen, I am terribly sorry bothering you with insignificant issues. However, I am looking for some of the small black rubber parts the engine bonnet is resting on. Where can I get those? Regards from Hermann

jbottini

• View Profile
Small parts
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 21:59:38 »
French Frie has ailist of those, JBottini

cobham cobra

• View Profile
Small parts
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 14:19:05 »
I am also interested in replacement under bonnet rubber grommets / buttons, please let me know if you have a source of supply.
   I have in the past contacted a manufacture to have the item produced, but the minimum order is 100 and it was not a cheap quote.

BBK

• View Profile
Small parts
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 16:09:49 »
Please see the link below for Dorman brand Body-Tite! rubber bumpers (Part # 45621).  These are being sold by Pep Boys, a U.S. auto parts store.  My Mk. IV was missing a number of these rubber bumpers found under hood and when I had my car in the shop last year, and the owner found these and installed them.  They fit perfectly and I have a compliment of them under hood now correctly supporting the hood (or bonnet if you will!) of my car.   I have the package still with this part number (45621) on it (5/8" X 1/2" ----  1.6cm X 1.27cm. I hope this helps you source this part.  I am very pleased as they fit perfectly and are very inexpensive.  If you have a difficult time sourcing these, please advise and I will help.

http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/5015092/00642/

westcott

• View Profile
Small parts
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 21:36:14 »
Hermann,

there are 4 small packets of #45621on my shelf, each containing 4 bumpers.

Just call me.

Uwe
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler!

AK1161

• View Profile
Small parts
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 19:41:46 »
I looked into this a while ago and found the best people to be Mannering Ltd who supply many types of rubber product.
   They make black rubber mushroom hole plugs that need twisting in and a small drop of heat resistent adhesive but they have worked well for me and I recommend them.
   http://www.mannering-rubber.co.uk/

Good luck. Luke