Author Topic: Chassis Frame  (Read 17790 times)

markn

• View Profile
Chassis Frame
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2007, 02:17:19 »
Thanks for your comments Nik and James,  I did go for a job once at AC cars at Vickers lane as a bodymaker, but I think at that stage the whole operation was slowing down and nothing came of it.

Emmanueld

• View Profile
Chassis Frame
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2007, 14:35:51 »
Gorgeous! Emmanuel

twogreens

• View Profile
Chassis Frame
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2007, 17:24:18 »
quote:
Originally posted by markn

Thanks for your comments Nik and James,  I did go for a job once at AC cars at Vickers lane as a bodymaker, but I think at that stage the whole operation was slowing down and nothing came of it.

That body is truly a thing of beauty - I hope the owner didn't spoil it by adding paint.  Mark, I take my hat off to you, what a fantastic job.

Regards
   Two Greens

markn

• View Profile
Chassis Frame
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2007, 21:57:23 »
Twogreens, it was painted a cream/ivory colour and I think has a racing stipe up through the middle of it now. One thing that really got me hooked on ace's was just how light it was to push around when I needed to move it.
   Mark

Emmanueld

• View Profile
Chassis Frame
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2007, 22:46:46 »
It looks like it already has a chassis, It has wheels, tubing supporting the dash, a steering columm! tubing to support the doors, how did you build it that way? Emmanuel

SB7019

• View Profile
Chassis Frame
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2007, 23:18:43 »
Emmanuel.   If you go back to Mark's first post you will see that this is one he has already made on an existing Ace chassis and is now seeking to replicate another one for himself - or am I missing something?

Emmanueld

• View Profile
Chassis Frame
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2007, 04:46:04 »
I get it, Never mind! Awsome! Markn, you should make a business with these skills! come to the US!
   Emmanuel

markn

• View Profile
Chassis Frame
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2007, 06:40:27 »
That's right Peter. Two ace's were supplied to me, one to restore the body and one to make a new body. Both real ace's, even the grille had to be made.

nikbj68

• View Profile
Chassis Frame
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2007, 14:47:06 »
quote:
Originally posted by Emmanueld:
   Awsome! Markn, you should make a business with these skills! come to the US!
   Emmanuel
I somehow doubt he does it purely for the theraputic joy of pounding tin! [:o)]

Emmanueld

• View Profile
Chassis Frame
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2007, 16:48:16 »
What I mean is that there is a lot of money to be made here in southern California for a good metalsmith. There are a few good people but   they are very expensive. Emmanuel

jbottini

• View Profile
Chassis Frame
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2007, 20:26:16 »
the reason the are expensive is because there a few of them. Keyes called this "supply and demand" pricing

markn

• View Profile
Chassis Frame
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2007, 23:56:35 »
I do have a small shop of my own Emmanueld. Though I do miss working in England because I worked with a lot of skilled guys, and you don't find those skilled guys anywhere else really. In the states you find a few good ones dotted around, but the U.K had a refined pedigree of coachbuilders and bodymakers which filtered out from sixteen hundred shops at its peek to about roughly ten to twenty great shops left today in the U.K.

Englishman

• View Profile
Chassis Frame
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2007, 00:14:14 »
Hi Mark,

Where are you in Australia, I am in Terrigal on the Central Coast NSW and am having a Frua restored up in Ballina, we are strggling a bit with doors right now.

I have two sets of doors, one from a fast back and one set from a convertible niether of which is in good repair.

I have written to Geoff Dowdle, the AC Owners Club rep here in Australia, just to make contact and see what's what. I too am a pommie having moved here for the second time in Jan 2006.

Cheers  Peter

markn

• View Profile
Chassis Frame
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2007, 00:44:26 »
Peter, I was approached about a fabricating a frua bonnet. I will email you

Emmanueld

• View Profile
Chassis Frame
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2007, 02:55:35 »
Hey Peter, I am looking for an inside door handle, primary the plastic insert! would you have an extra one by any chance?

Emmanuel