Author Topic: AC Mk11 Classic - available March 2014  (Read 89775 times)

Chafford

• View Profile
AC Mk11 Classic - available March 2014
« on: September 21, 2013, 21:23:52 »
AC Heritage are now taking orders for March 2014 for the Mk11 Classic according to their Facebook site.

https://www.facebook.com/TeamAC

The Mk11 Classic pre production car (COB 2700) on sale at Boss Motor Company is being exported next week.

Rob.Hendriks

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 07:13:45 »
The MKII car at Boss (COB2700) was actually sold in May and departed UK on the 6th October, bound for NZ. Steve Gray at AC Heritage did a great job of pulling all this together for me and it is a credit to his professionalism that 2700 even made this sailing.
   Boss have at my request removed all reference to 2700 from their advertising in the past few days. Presumably as the UK agent they are continuing to attempt to sell further cars, however here lays an interesting snippet of info... according to AL COB2710/13/14 and possibly 2719 have been sold in the UK
   Has anyone seen or heard of these cars ?

Chafford

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 13:15:04 »
Looks as if they're still advertising the car:

http://www.bossmotor.co.uk/used-car-ac-cobra-convertible-43

B.P.Bird

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 17:41:57 »
Congratulations Rob, I see the ship is about to go through the Suez canal - a definite A.C. success, hope it leads to more sales - bit of a contrast with the Mk. VI saga. The Boss ad seems to have been dis-identified from 2700 albeit the photograph is likely the same. I wonder if Constant Wagner has any information on these sales ?

Spantik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 19:52:06 »
Actually, the same people are at the helm, whether Mk VI or Mk II revival. Anyway progress is registered for both blend, the Mk II seems now to be rolled out in UK and the Mk VI in France. Hope that ROW will come soon ;-)

Rob.Hendriks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 23:39:32 »
Barrie many thanks for your assistance as well, without which I would probably now be driving around in one of Gerry's cars, albeit with a healthier bank balance :)

Chafford - Boss are still advertising the car to promote further sales. Steve Bloch has however removed any reference to 2700, namely VIN plate photo, anniversary badge photo and the reference to car #1 in the commentary. All 50 cars are supposedly to be identical, so the photos will be the same regardless, though I wonder if the later deliveries will come without the motif on the boot :)

Chafford

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 13:15:58 »
They'd do better to advertise it as a new car rather than a second hand one though.

Rob.Hendriks

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 00:34:25 »
well noted :) one would hope that prospective purchasers would have the common sense to go through AC Heritage where they at least get a warranty and back up service, none of which is forthcoming from Boss, new or used

riverside

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 03:19:22 »
Congrats on your purchase Rob,
    May you enjoy your car for many years to come. So pleased to see it finally on its way. Where in New Zealand?
   The wiring diagram is now available as well which is a must.
     The following  road set up works well on both mine... 1/8" toe in with 1 degree negative camber all round. This in case the sea journey plays a role in altering yours!

Rob.Hendriks

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2013, 03:48:36 »
Thanks Ross
   Car will be in Whitianga, on the Coromandel Peninsula, home to 200km of beautiful, winding coastal scenic roads
   Received the MKII diagram from Blas last month. Must say a great bit of work and he has agreed to update it with any changes that are peculiar to 2700
   Paul at Brooklands set the car up prior to its departure with the same geometry as suggested, though suspect I'll have to play with tyre pressures / suspension settings to accomodate our not so smooth roads. Dennis Oltholf suggested running the tryres around 22psi for a start, so will give this a go and see what its like

B.P.Bird

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2013, 14:28:27 »
Ross and Rob, Did you read Graham Stuart's piece in September ACtion (Vol. 39 No 5)on setting up the CRS Mk.IV wheel alignment according to the John Owen works method ? I suspect that a similar formula could be worked out for the wishbone adjustment on your cars so that a bit of arithmetic would combine camber and caster so that only one combined adjustment of the wishbone mounts would be needed ? Not having your Mk. II variants in front of me I am likely talking out the back of my head, but maybe worth a thought ?

Spantik

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2013, 12:52:12 »
Rob, you will get it for the Austral Summer, just perfect timing. Send us pics of the MkII cruising far down under.

riverside

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2013, 14:47:38 »
Barrie, no I have not, but looking forward to. Will be crossing to Buffalo next month to pick a copy up.
    The present set up  can be viewed on www.riversideracers.com under developement. It allows for castor, camber and toe in adjustment without shortening, bending etc .  A la Ken Miles` heim joint csx 2431.
   Rob, forgot to mention castor,.... As much as possible which is between 6 and 7 degrees. Blas and I are busy compiling an owners manual which will have these type of tips in it,

Rob.Hendriks

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 05:50:55 »
Emmanuel, ETA 19th November, then have the LVVTA certification process / registration, so hopefully will get a drive in prior to coming back to Russia for Xmas/NY
   Ross, let me know if there is anything I can help you with re the OM - shorthand is non existant, looks failed me at birth, don't wear short skirts, but have enthusiasm

Spantik

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2013, 19:59:38 »
That's a plan, enjoy the ride.