Author Topic: AC Mk11 Classic - available March 2014  (Read 91048 times)

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
AC Mk11 Classic - available March 2014
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2015, 09:54:38 »
   Rob.

In true AC Style.......

Bloody Well Done !!
   For perseverance you deserve a Medal.

Hope you get years and years of satisfaction,   ENJOY !!..

Keith.

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2015, 12:18:12 »
Echoing Bob`s statement, I`m certain that the trials you went through would have been more than most could have resolved.
   Officially AC Hero of the Year!

B.P.Bird

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2015, 13:17:54 »
Great result Rob and an example to us all what can be achieved with sufficient determination. The bureaucrats who tortured you are now free to pull wings from other butterflies.
   Just think all your work will now be productive and 2700 will go better and better. It is indeed as Keith said,"Bloody Well Done!"
   Please keep us all informed.

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2015, 23:08:10 »
As mentioned in PMs, very well done, Rob. This is what I call STAMINA!! Guess you will get a solid rebate from the seller for all you had to redo [:D][;)]

TLegate

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2015, 11:42:13 »
Ah, a rebate!! Sensible idea. Probably running somewhere north of the price paid if you take time into consideration. I'm sure it would be looked upon kindly, as is only fair. Now - where to send the invoice??

jbottini

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2015, 14:50:30 »
" Who is John Gault?" Or "Where is A.L.?"

rstainer

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2015, 16:10:49 »
John Galt, per Randers.

Where is AL? A more difficult question!

RS

TLegate

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2015, 21:21:00 »
I can feel a caption competition coming on :)

(mind you, we've all been there)

Spantik

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2015, 12:23:24 »
Well done Rob, actually much, much more than that.

You shall offer your services to redesign the latest Mk II iteration to enable homologation ;-)

shep

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2015, 13:47:32 »
Rob, well done from me too. What a marathon, but worth the effort in the end. Kindest regards, Andy.

Suggestion for photo caption, "Park your bike free of charge"

jbottini

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 28, 2015, 16:51:01 »
Sorry for the improper spelling of Galt...but Where IS A.L.?  Perhaps the gent mr Hendriks post  knows#127183;

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2015, 08:53:10 »
quote:
Originally posted by Rob.Hendriks

Re the homologation.

It was suggested to A.L, et al., that as NZ has one of the stricter low volume compliance codes, any modifications made to comply 2700 perhaps be considered for future development of the marque, to ensure cars are manufactured to meet international standards and not just those of the US/UK. While many of the issues have been predominately related to a manufacturing quality control, some of the points raised by the certification authority were legitimate items that needed addressing - response can be seen in my previous post

I'm in a fair position to say that the time/cost impact of rectifying or modifying jigs etc. to meet international standards is negligible and that continuous improvement is something that every business needs to embrace, so that they can move forward, survive and remain competitive in an international marketplace, sadly something that the current management do not seem to understand

correct me if I am wrong:
   - manufacturing and assembly of the roller (chassis, body, suspension, drive train less engine and gearbox, trim, electrics) is done by HI-Tech, as commissioned by AC Cars
   - the same manufacturing process turns out identical component vehicle models for Superformance and Shelby, identical in almost all aspects other than colour schemes and badging and minor model related elements
   - do the same manufacturing quality control issues appear on Superformance and Shelby commissioned vehicles?
   -Shelby (as much as Superformance) have the rollers shipped to their dealers who then mate them with engine and gearbox (to Shelby spec), commissioned mostly from a specialized engine builder and these dealers ensure final quality control before delivery to the customer

- in the case of the AC Mk II Classic, where was this last process (engine mating and final quality control) done?
   - many of the issues that you (Rob) were faced with stem from the  manufacturing process of the component vehicle: would HI-Tech use a different standard building for AC than for Shelby or Superformance? I would doubt that.

shep

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2015, 14:17:51 »
Well spotted Sherlock! I mean Constant. If Rob's problems are typical of the basic quality control, then I pity the poor dealers who fit the power plant and drive train. If AC Heritage are producing a batch of MkIIs, maybe Steve holds more sway with A.L. to have them supplied right first time!

TLegate

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2015, 16:18:45 »
No sign of that batch of MkIIs last time I was at Brooklands!!

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2015, 16:32:29 »
Those issues don`t fit with either Hi-Tech or Brooklands usual standards... strange.