Author Topic: Nor'easter Tour  (Read 4057 times)

A-Snake

• View Profile
Nor'easter Tour
« on: September 18, 2013, 15:01:57 »
Taken at the Owl's Head Museum in Maine.

TLegate

• View Profile
Nor'easter Tour
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 15:08:59 »
I was wondering where you parked your cars....

A-Snake

• View Profile
Nor'easter Tour
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 15:15:36 »

BBK

• View Profile
Nor'easter Tour
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 03:27:48 »
Great pictures and a terrific collection of cars.  Can you describe the event some more.....what was the occasion for and was there a driving tour or just a gathering of Cobras.  Most look to be original cars, including a California "blue plate"car.

A-Snake

• View Profile
Nor'easter Tour
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 14:22:57 »
This was an annual tour put on by Tom Cotter. This one was a six day starting in Saratoga Springs, NY to Lake Placid to Vermont to Maine then NH and returning to Saratoga Springs. And yes, the attending cars are originals.
   A couple cars had to retire along the way. One with a blown head gasket and another with a gear box issue.
   The "assortment" ran from early worm & sector cars to early & late RP cars to a factory comp 427 to narrow hip 427 to a late 428 Cobra.
   With the added "enjoyment" of lots of rain along the way.

TLegate

• View Profile
Nor'easter Tour
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 16:11:54 »
Rain? Oh yes, I remember the rain!! Tom's 'anti-rain dance' is clearly not working :)

BBK

• View Profile
Nor'easter Tour
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 22:11:59 »
quote:
Originally posted by A-Snake

This was an annual tour put on by Tom Cotter. This one was a six day starting in Saratoga Springs, NY to Lake Placid to Vermont to Maine then NH and returning to Saratoga Springs. And yes, the attending cars are originals.
   A couple cars had to retire along the way. One with a blown head gasket and another with a gear box issue.
   The "assortment" ran from early worm & sector cars to early & late RP cars to a factory comp 427 to narrow hip 427 to a late 428 Cobra.
   With the added "enjoyment" of lots of rain along the way.

Thanks for the details.  Sounds like a terrific event!  Must have been beautiful driving...I imagine mostly back roads.  Too bad about the rain.  Everyone driving 'al fresco' or everyone with tops erected?

I went on a Cobra tour to Lake Tahoe a few weeks ago.. about 500 miles round trip in my Mk. IV.  No original 60's cars but lots of very nice Cobras nonetheless.  Lovely drive.  Lots of smoke from the Yosemite fire!

aaron

• View Profile
Nor'easter Tour
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 23:35:04 »
A very impressive line up Of Cobras.