Author Topic: AC Mk. IV For Sale in U.S.  (Read 9311 times)

BBK

• View Profile
AC Mk. IV For Sale in U.S.
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2013, 05:21:32 »
quote:
Originally posted by Flyinghorse

Could the register be wrong?

It seems so.  Allan's registry information was the same as the incorrect VIN originally issued for my car. I scanned in and emailed to Allan the original correspondence between owner #1 and Ms. Hopkins and her letter back stating the correct VIN. The new VIN plates Ms. Hopkins sent via courier are now affixed on the car and I provided the necessary photos of these now corrected plates on my Mk. IV to Allan. So, the factory seems to have made an error originally which was corrected but it seems that the records provided the Club may not have been revised.

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2013, 08:10:02 »
What are we talking about? I can add the "L" in one minute to my number plate if I wish, but it would take much more time to convert the car to the real lightweight bumper style or the different door style.

The car showed in the advertise is a modified (different dash board, that's all) standard MK IV. And even if the number plate claims it is CSX... it is still a standard MK IV.

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2013, 11:19:10 »
One thing that is beyond doubt...it`s a damned fine looking Vee hickle!

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2013, 11:40:35 »
quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68

One thing that is beyond doubt...it`s a damned fine looking Vee hickle!

That's true, but the price ...

302EFI

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2013, 13:42:11 »
The USD asking price translates into some 89,000 GBP or 104,000 €. I think that is not out of scope, in particular if the car is as good in shape as it appears from the ad.

jbottini

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2013, 13:45:33 »
That still does not make it AK lightweight

302EFI

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2013, 15:07:10 »
Of course not.

SB7019

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2013, 15:09:45 »
Looking at the pictures i can see one feature that indicates it could be a lightweight ( straight dash) and a dozen that prove it is not.

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2013, 16:42:22 »
quote:
Originally posted by 302EFI

The USD asking price translates into some 89,000 GBP or 104,000 €. I think that is not out of scope, in particular if the car is as good in shape as it appears from the ad.

For 104T€ you have the car in Bremerhaven but not at home. You have to pay custom and VAT. Even if you get it via Rotterdam you have to pay it. It is not a historic car.

302EFI

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2013, 17:50:45 »
That is true, Peter. But if you want to judge whether a price is reasonable, you should not take into account the additional costs which a foreign buyer needs to incur for getting the car into his home country. This car may well be sold within the US. My point was simply that the asking price is not significantly higher than the asking prices for comparable cars offered elsewhere, for instance in UK or Germany.

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2013, 09:37:52 »
quote:
Originally posted by 302EFI

That is true, Peter. But if you want to judge whether a price is reasonable, you should not take into account the additional costs which a foreign buyer needs to incur for getting the car into his home country. This car may well be sold within the US. My point was simply that the asking price is not significantly higher than the asking prices for comparable cars offered elsewhere, for instance in UK or Germany.

Hi Jürgen,

I add the TAX and VAT because I have the impression that the prices for MK IV's are quite different in UK/Germany/Europe and USA. So, I think if you compare prices you have to do it wrt. the same market or you have to add the costs to bring it to that market of comparison.

Peter

AK1055

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2013, 11:38:48 »
It is now SOLD.
   Malcolm