Author Topic: AC Mk VI Prices for United Kingdom  (Read 5798 times)

Chafford

• View Profile
AC Mk VI Prices for United Kingdom
« on: September 07, 2013, 22:52:26 »
AC Automotive has announced prices for 4 MkVI models in the UK.  The 'Basic' GT model is available from £129,390 with the 6.2l Supercharged 780hp GTSR from £252,000. Interestingly 3 of the 4 models can be purchased with automatic tranmissions.

Expensive, but no doubt reflecting the small scale operation (up to 10 cars a year) of AC Automotive.

http://www.ac-automotive.com/en/prices.html

shep

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 16:08:20 »
I was looking back through some older posts on the Mk VI and noticed this one. Having driven, nay raced, a Cobra with just over 500 horses, I would be rather concerned about the above GTSR offered at 780 gee gees. In a modern chassis and with an aerodynamically stable body, it could be a seriously quick car. In a Cobra chassis with accompanying 1960s bodywork, I would exercise extreme caution if planning to use anything over half throttle! Imagine the auto transmission kicking down mid-corner and lighting up the rear tyres! I dread to think of it in the hands of a wealthy novice.

TLegate

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 16:55:56 »
I think any half-sane person would agree Andy! But methinks the GTSR only exists in the ether as a photoshop image :) On the other hand, any owner would probably collect a postumous Darwin Award! (The noble art of self-removal from the planet before you can breed...)

jbottini

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 21:36:40 »
imagine how long production would take on that monster!!

Chafford

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 22:32:59 »
I can't imagine anyone would need more than the standard 437hp car for road use.

http://www.ac-automotive.com/en/prices.html

Spantik

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 23:32:39 »
One big block has been already delivered in France to a customer and I saw the body of the GTSR, actually, I do not think it will take much time as homologation would definitively not be part of the sales pitch.