Author Topic: AC Owners’ Club 2013 Clubman’s Sprint Meeting  (Read 20062 times)

C9OBY

• View Profile
AC Owners’ Club 2013 Clubman’s Sprint Meeting
« on: September 03, 2013, 15:54:54 »
The AC Owners’ Club are very pleased to invite you to this year’s AC Owners’ Club Clubman’s Sprint Meeting, to be held at Goodwood Motor Circuit on 2nd November.  The event will continue the format of previous years, with a number of different AC and non-AC classes competing under MSA Sprint rules and regulations.

We would love to ensure that we once again we have a full complement of AC members in AC cars competing in what promises to be another fun, exciting event.  To obtain an entry form and event information pack, please contact Bruce Claassen (Secretary of the Meeting) at bclaassen@tullettprebon.com or on 07958 570 718.

As always, your support is very much appreciated and we look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at Goodwood on 2nd November!

C9OBY

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 15:43:16 »
Dear all

Just a quick update on progress and to ask that if any of you are still intending to participate but have not yet sent off your entry forms, to please do so sooner rather than later!

I'm hopeing that it's simply due to everyone being a little later with their paperwork this year than in previous years, but we currently only have 9 ACOC entries, compared with 27 entrants last year.

It would be a pity to be under-represented at our own event, hence please send in your entry forms, dust off yer overalls, fill up yer tanks, and head on down down to Goodwood!

Bruce
   bclaassen@tullettprebon.com

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 23:21:00 »
I will see you there Bruce.

C9OBY

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 15:36:59 »
quote:
Originally posted by aaron

I will see you there Bruce.

Excellent Aaron, good to have you there as always.  I'll be bring my camera along too in case I'm allowed out of the marshalls hut for a few minutes!

SB7015

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 10:56:47 »
Are ACOC members aware that they able to participate and support the event in other than an AC? AC owners who don't wish to dirty their pride and joy are able to support the event in another car if their beloved AC is currently off the road. Should the Sprint meeting be opened up to one guest per ACOC member to a new class of 'ACOC guest'?
   You already have our entry support. Malcolm & Sarah

C9OBY

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 12:19:21 »
A quick update:

With 4 weeks to go until the Sprint, we now have 26 ACOC members entered, of which 11 will be driving AC machinery.  This is very close to the number of entrants we had last year, albeit with some regulars no longer able to compete but with the addition of a few new members.

I have received a further 12 entries from the various affiliated clubs that were invited, with a few more confirmed in the post.

Hence with the event being open to 70 entrants, there is still plenty of space in case you're sitting on the fence and wondering whether or not to enter.

Cars entered so far:
   2 AC Aceca's, Ace Bristol, 2 Aceca Bristol's, 2 TD Cobra's, Frua 428, 3000ME, 2 MKIV Cobra's, Lotus Buick, Elan & 2 Elise's, Austin 7 & 40, Ford Anglia, Kirkham 289, MG FIA Roadster, Locost racer, Jag e-type & XJS, Ford Cortina, Daimler SP250, MG TC, Morgan Plus8, 2 Aston Martin DB2/4's, Alvis Firebird, I0TA CBP, Frazer Nash 328, Wingfield Bristol Special, BMW 227/80, Bristol Teardrop Special, Porsche 944.

Bruce

PS: Malcolm, thanks for adding that very useful point regarding members being able to compete in non-AC cars should they choose to.  It's a great way for members to keep in touch with (and support) the ACOC, without necessarily risking their AC.

Regarding your 'ACOC Guests' suggestion, it's a great idea but unfortunately the MSA regulations and insurance cover requires all entrants to be fully signed up members of either the ACOC of one of our affiliated clubs.  A simple solution would be for members to convince their 'ACOC guest' to join the ACOC in order to compete, thereby bolstering both the Sprint field and our club membership!

Nev

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 23:17:55 »
I have only just seen his thread, do we need an MSA licence to join in?(used to have one but it lapsed years ago) , it would be great to take the Ace around,  if I can coordinate work to be back that weekend............

C9OBY

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 10:23:46 »
Nev, yes, you need to have an MSA Speed license.  The lowest category that would gain you entry into the Sprint is the MSA non-race National B Speed license.  This does not require anything other completing the application form (see link below) and providing the MSA with a doctor's letter to say that you are fit to drive.  It is all done through the post, so it doesn't take every long to get it either.  However, if you do decide to proceed, I would suggest that you process your license asap as I'm not sure what their lead time is.  Best would be for you to phone them directly and enquire.  Note that we do require you to produce both your MSA license and your ACOC membership card when you sign on to the Sprint on the day.

http://www.msauk.org/uploadedfiles/msa_forms/2013_comp_form.pdf

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 17:48:39 »
Nev

This time of the year turn round for a speed licence is a few days,  I thought you only need provide Doctors letter and medical report for a racing licence, As Sprints
   and HillClimbs are single vehicle (at a time) events eg not multiple cars on track together you do not require Racing /Rally Licence..... the speed licence is just a case of completing application form and confirming method of payement..[;)]

Racing overalls, Gloves Helmet etc inspected at Scrutineering along with Vehicle fitted with a timing Strut.

Keith..[:)]

C9OBY

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 21:09:47 »
Thanks Keith.  Further to your advice, I've found this very useful guide on "The Hillclimb and Sprint Association" website:

http://www.hillclimbandsprint.co.uk/allabout.asp

hawk289

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 23:18:31 »
All,

Keith is spot on, MSA do it all online. Just apply, upload picture and license will be with you in a few days. Car set-up is simple, just yellow tape, double spring on carbs and catch tank if oil breather from ocker covers. Very simple, slap some numbers on when final notice sent and off you go and enjoy the day. I bet everyone will be quicker than me. So do not worry about how fast, slow you are just enjoy the day. Great experience is sprint / hill climb.

Nev

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2013, 21:57:10 »
Thanks  for the reminder on the MSA licence process, it has been 14 years since mine lapsed (sprints and hill climbs with the RSSOC). Unfortunately for is year I won't be able to get back in time, but will get it in the diary for next year, if it will be happening............

C9OBY

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 13:53:03 »
A quick update:

With less than 2 weeks to go until the Sprint, we now have 30 ACOC members entered, with 13 competing in AC machinery (and a Tojeiro Sports Special).  Overall it's a great result for the Club and includes a mix of 'regulars', plus a few new members of the ACOC and existing members who've decided to enter the Sprint for the first time.

I have in hand a further 28 entries from the various affiliated clubs that we invite each year, plus a few more confirmed in the post.

As we're now within sight of our 70-driver limit, please contact me asap if you're still interested but have not yet entered - there is still time to secure an entry, but time is of the essence!

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2013, 19:26:57 »
Bruce..

Thank you for final instructions, nice to see some new names to complement those familiar regulars.

Good Eclectric mix of Machines and pilots..Looking forward to a good event and meeting  all competitors, officials and spectators..[:)]
   Just one small request,  Please dial in warm and dry conditions from 07.00 to 17.00.  Well at least dry if not warm.

Wishing you a very successful ACOC GoodWood Clubmans Sprint Meeting.. ..[;)]

Keith..#8...[:)]..[:)]

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2013, 21:33:49 »
quote:
Originally posted by AC Ace Bristol

Bruce..

Thank you for final instructions, nice to see some new names to complement those familiar regulars.

Good Eclectric mix of Machines and pilots..Looking forward to a good event and meeting  all competitors, officials and spectators..[:)]
   Just one small request,  Please dial in warm and dry conditions from 07.00 to 17.00.  Well at least dry if not warm.

Wishing you a very successful ACOC GoodWood Clubmans Sprint Meeting.. ..[;)]

Keith..#8...[:)]..[:)]

Keith I have a feeling we will have some rain next weekend .[:(!]