Author Topic: ABS diagnostic plug.....  (Read 4674 times)

Nev

• View Profile
ABS diagnostic plug.....
« on: July 11, 2013, 09:16:08 »
........ What is the best way to know which pins are which? I.e which letter/number is which? For bridging to read the stored codes......

Wally

• View Profile
ABS diagnostic plug.....
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 12:16:14 »
If it is a Teves Mk11 or Mk1V, my Information shows "To Access the ABS self-diagnostic fault codes on this model requires special equipment"

See "Location of ECU diagnostic plug" Post - http://www.acownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2828

Wally

Nev

• View Profile
ABS diagnostic plug.....
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 15:54:40 »
It is the Teves II system,
   I was reading this link: http://www.autozone.com/autozone/repairguides/GM-Bonneville-Eighty-Eight-LeSabre-1986-1999/TEVES-II-ANTI-LOCK-BRAKE-SYSTEM/System-Testing/_/P-0996b43f8038fb16

Whilst it states different car models, it is the same system and it says to use a jumper wire across pins H and A, where A is the Ground presumably. But it does not show which ones are which.

Wally

• View Profile
ABS diagnostic plug.....
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 17:54:37 »
Autodata shows
    Pin 1 = blue/black.
    Pin 2 = brown/red.
    Pin 3 = brown (this is the earth).

Sorry I can't help with which is pin H or A.

Wally

Nev

• View Profile
ABS diagnostic plug.....
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 00:31:00 »
I now know which plug is the ABS diagnostic plug, and have seen a wiring diagram to know which pins to bridge/ connect to earth so as to get the flash sequence on the dash light so as to get any stored codes.  Will update with more info later........

Nev

• View Profile
ABS diagnostic plug.....
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 00:01:20 »
I now have the codes and know what to check, send me a message if you need info  to diagnose your fault.