AC Owners Club Forum > AC Weller Engine

Rocker cover breather

(1/2) > >>

DHAceca:
I am currently working on restoring my Aceca with AC engine and have seen a couple of engine bay images on the internet showing a breather tube and tank fitted to the forward round vent on the top of the rocker cover. Is this a recognised mod for these engines? Or a solution for a problem with the engine building too much pressure and the fumes getting into the cockpit? My engine also seems to build a bit of pressure so want to understand if this is normal and then I will carry out the same mod. If it is not normal I will start looking for a problem with the engine causing the pressure.

1744:
This post is a good example of why we should simplify the method of posting photos on the Forum, the result being greater response to Forum enquiries.

I have tried valiantly over the years to do so but it is still far too complicated for me and I think many others. In this particular post, I have emailed DHAceca and suggested he send me his email address  at which point I would be delighted to forward him a couple of photos.

I think I am correct, but I recollect ACOC requested coments at time of this years renewal of membership for improvements and suggestions. Accordingly, I requested a photo posting simplification but have seen nothing so far re this issue.

Sincerely

Jonathan Parker

nikbj68:
Here, on behalf of Jonathan, are some photos of his AC engine, firstly, without the breather:

Then from either side, with the breather fitted. Great looking engine bay!

Regarding posting photos within the forum itself, I believe this would require migration to a new forum model, and increased costs to the ACOC for the additional bandwidth that hosting would require, but until such time as anything changes, I`m more than happy to help anyone get their photos displayed as above.
   Nik.

DHAceca:
Thank you for the reply Jonathan received pictures via email also thanks Nik for putting them on the forum.
   Based on this I take it that the engines do normally breath a bit via the cam/rocker cover and a modification is good idea to keep engine bays clean and prevent fumes etc.?

Classicus:
quote:Originally posted by nikbj68
Regarding posting photos within the forum itself, I believe this would require migration to a new forum model, and increased costs to the ACOC for the additional bandwidth that hosting would require, but until such time as anything changes, I`m more than happy to help anyone get their photos displayed as above.
   Nik.

Just a thought but there's always Activeboard by Sparklit, the one the club uses on the AC 428 Register & Archive which is a forum anyway....

Hope this helps ?

http://www.activeboard.com/?

http://acfrua428.activeboard.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version