Author Topic: Picturesque Pyrenees  (Read 13692 times)

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
Picturesque Pyrenees
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2013, 01:00:32 »
..more tomorrow.. I need some sleep

French Frie

• View Profile
Picturesque Pyrenees
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2013, 10:45:40 »
Thanks for those pictures, Constant ! Few cars, but impressive sceneries ! You all look like pilgrims, with your sticks and big shoes [;)] ... Did you manage to drive your car with them [:o)] ?

Is it a Zagato on the very left of the finca pic ?

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
Picturesque Pyrenees
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2013, 11:07:50 »
Olivier,  ...don't worry, I exchanged the Timberlands against racing boots before getting into that Cobra. Ain't much space in the footwell.

There were more cars but they did not all go to the Finca. The red car on the far left of the picture is a TVR Sagaris, car of our tour guide Jasper.

I'll post more pics later.

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
Picturesque Pyrenees
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2013, 14:09:40 »
some more pics of ACOC members' cars.. here the very early high powered MkIV Cobra that owner Neil let me testdrive on a short stretch of bumpy mountain road... so we did it the smooth way.. (thanks Neil [:)])

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
Picturesque Pyrenees
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2013, 14:12:03 »
and the beautiful Ace Bristol

cobham cobra

• View Profile
Picturesque Pyrenees
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2013, 14:33:52 »
Hi Constant,
   Thanks for posting some of your photos they are great, I’m looking forward to seeing more. Even though the it's less than two weeks since we returned it feels longer and I’m missing he open road, the occasional sunshine and the good fun of our group.

I hope you and Danny had better weather for your return trip ?
   I will try and post a few of my photos.

Cheers – John and the Rev-Limiter.

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
Picturesque Pyrenees
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2013, 02:28:05 »
Looks like a fabulous trip. I rode my motorcycle through that area about 26 years ago! It was great then. Would be great fun in an AC!

great photos. And, unlike many posts, finally plenty of photos of the crowd, not just cars!

Keep posting!

Gus

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
Picturesque Pyrenees
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2013, 20:31:03 »
quote:
Originally posted by cobham cobra

I hope you and Danny had better weather for your return trip ?

hi John .... all in all we had only two days of driving under the soft top, out of 11 days on the road ...

so after Bielsa, after running into massive four feet countertraffic......

(no, none touched the Cobra while passing [:)])

.... we headed north-west towards the Atlantic on the south slope of the Pyrenees ....

to reach our last hotel in San Sebastian late afternoon... a fantastic hotel with an underground garage (at least for some of our cars

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
Picturesque Pyrenees
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2013, 22:35:25 »
cars stored away, shower taken to get the dust out of our hair, refreshment on the hotel bar's terrace .....

.. off we go (yes on foot por favor [;)]) to look around San Sebastian.... beach

bridge to town centre...

.. time to relax, take a drink on a terrace and enjoy a jazz combo...

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
Picturesque Pyrenees
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2013, 22:41:01 »
you won't believe it, but this is the only shop that the girls visited [;)]

.. before we find a nice tapas bar on the central piazza

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
Picturesque Pyrenees
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2013, 00:22:30 »
later in the evening, we slowly stroll back to our headquarters.. encountering some other AC owners all on foot (no their cars haven't broken down, but are simply taking a rest), they definitely heading towards a tapas bar in town centre ....

... while Neil, Christine, Dany and myself contemplate the surroundings under sunset...

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
Picturesque Pyrenees
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2013, 00:37:24 »
back at the hotel while having a last one in the bar, we are all delighted to see Anthony coming in with his Ace Bristol, on a flat bed, having suffered a puncture only a couple of miles before destination.... long day for him and his valid co-pilot...

.. next morning Glenn and Colin gave a helping hand in fitting their spare wheel to Anthony's car allowing him to drive to the ferry and get home safe with the other members of the party .....

as half a dozen are watching ....

and taking pictures

.. only one is working .....

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
Picturesque Pyrenees
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2013, 00:56:14 »
finally it is time to say goodbye... a last official picture (missing are the Booth brothers and John Goose and Minty, having already started their return trips a day earlier) ....

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
Picturesque Pyrenees
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2013, 15:39:59 »
While the Brits prepare their cars for a shorter trip to the ferry at Bilbao, Dany and I point the Cobra towards France.....

.. for a 650 kms stretch to get us to the Loire river for two more nights in a Chateau ...
   It was getting quite hot that day, not much traffic but quite a few roadworks..... a quick nap to recover at midday in the shade of a tree on a parking lot... and here we arrive at Château la Ménaudière, our next headquarter off Montrichard on the Cher, side river to the Loire, east of Tours...
   .. a very nice hotel that I can only recommend, including secure parking for the mount

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
Picturesque Pyrenees
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2013, 00:29:40 »
from here we visited Chateau Chenonceau on the Cher, one of the most beautiful castles in the Loire region, particularly well maintained as it is privately owned and operated...

..each room being nicely decorated by fresh flower arrangements that would cost a fortune if I had to buy them in our flower shops ....