Author Topic: Picturesque Pyrenees  (Read 13701 times)

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
Picturesque Pyrenees
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2013, 00:37:07 »
after the visit of this beauty we decided not to see a second chateau and relax at our hotel's outside pool.. before going for dinner to a former church in downtown Montrichard

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
Picturesque Pyrenees
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2013, 00:51:04 »
last of the 11 days spent on the road in the Cobra alongside my brave co-pilot Dany...
   the usual packing after breakfast (this is the 7th time that I get on my knees and store it all away despite the large spare wheel that I have now carried during the last 54000 kms but never needed -- I still can't leave it at home -- sorry Dany we cannot take that extra pair of shoes [;)][;)]

.. and off we are again.... pointing the nose of our mount to the north-east.. past Château de Chambord, probably the  largest of Loire châteaus ...

.. for another last stretch of 600 kms to reach home before sunset.

As if we did not have had enough at the beginning, suddenly, just 50 kms south of the border to our home country, we ran into a huge and very intense rain shower. Dany spotted a place where we could hide under a narrow roof and wait for a quarter of an hour.. before slowly rolling onto the tarmac and continuing in reduced pace towards home, arriving safely at destination.

What a stunning mount: 4067 kms without a hickcup, except a caught each time after I had fuelled up....
   and no complaints from my co-pilot!

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
Picturesque Pyrenees
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2013, 00:53:20 »
tomorrow or so.. I'll let you know how we started our journey as we spent already two days in the Cobra before hitting the Spanish border..... so stay tuned.

French Frie

• View Profile
Picturesque Pyrenees
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2013, 08:56:42 »
Constant,

thanks for sharing your trip with us [;)]... and this is a proof, if ever needed, that the MKIV is made for driving and can accumulate  thousands and thousands miles  !

BBK

• View Profile
Picturesque Pyrenees
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2013, 05:36:20 »
What a fantastic adventure and drive. Wish I could have made it. Thank you for posting all of the great pictures. They really give a good idea of what was experienced.

Classicus

• View Profile
Picturesque Pyrenees
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2013, 10:14:07 »
Very interesting pictures and great story thanks ! Did you see any sites or come across any references to the Duke of Wellington as well as it's the 200th anniversary of the Battle of the Pyrenees this month....?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Pyrenees

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
Picturesque Pyrenees
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2013, 09:13:44 »
we did not meet the Duke of Wellington ...