Author Topic: ACOC on Facebook  (Read 2007 times)

BBK

• View Profile
ACOC on Facebook
« on: May 30, 2013, 18:44:19 »
Regarding Facebook and the AC marque, I know that the ACOC has a Facebook page which I have visited a number of times and have enjoyed the postings there, "Liking" all of them.  I also have enjoyed seeing the "Team AC" and "AC Automotive Officiel" Facebook pages and their postings.  Since Facebook has over a billion members and likely many thousands if not more auto oriented fans, the ACOC has an opportunity to reach many people who may not be aware of this fantastic club.  I am not sure who is in charge of outreach and the ACOC Facebook page, but perhaps more postings more frequently of AC Cars at Club events both recent and past, or at other automotive events in GB, Europe and the U.S. would be great and a way to garner more members to the Club.  Just thought I would put this out there for consideration.  I know that ACOC members volunteer and do all the work of putting on events and managing Club affairs and work very hard at it, so time may be limited.  However, if someone has the time available, I think that the ACOC Facebook page, with more frequent postings, more events etc. and those in the Club that can "Share" these with their automotive friends on Facebook, might increase the visibility of the ACOC world wide.  This, with the increased activity of the AC Marque through AC Heritage and AC Automotive can perhaps gain more awareness of AC with many more people.

• View Profile
ACOC on Facebook
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 21:29:51 »
I for one will never have a Facebook account (harumph), but I certainly have no objection to the ACOC posting on this form of communication.

The only caveat for me would be that anything posted on Facebook should be first posted on our own Forum, ie nothing going out there might be unknown to some of the ACOC membership.

Jonathan Parker

BBK

• View Profile
ACOC on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 22:26:49 »
I myself am a very late comer to Facebook and avoided it for a number of years, but have found that I enjoy it and am able to enjoy a number of automotive Facebook sites and see cars I have not thought about in years and get exposed to great stories and videos.  It is a lot of fun actually and have made the acquaintance of many other like minded car people from all over.   Also reconnected with people I have not seen in a long time.  A good way to keep up with friends and family.  So, you may want to give it a try.