Author Topic: MKIV CRS for sale on Pistonheads  (Read 5575 times)

French Frie

• View Profile
MKIV CRS for sale on Pistonheads
« on: May 27, 2013, 09:36:25 »
here: http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/ac/cobra-continuation/ac-cobra-crs-2001/1271453

sensibly priced...not sure about the "lighter and stiffer chassis" than the MKIV [}:)] ! BTW, it is mentioned 1350 kgs on the plate, whereas my MKIV was weighted 1190kg with half fuel tank ?

Flyinghorse

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 10:27:46 »
What's said in the advert is :
   "The chassis and engine were as the Mark IV, but the body was both stronger and lighter than the Mark IV"

So my take is its the body (and not chassis) that's reffered to as stronger & lighter in the advert.

From my chassis Instruction book for the CRS
   1350kg  is the Gross Vehicle weight
   1120kg is the kerb weight
   Front /rear distribution is 560kg even
   Maximum permissible axle weights are 700kg front 800kg rear

(I have my MOT this week so will get a weight from that to compare with the chassis book)

This particular car is a club members car I believe and with the 15" wheels & CR6zz (£2k package) , colour scheme, trimming  its very good value.
   I think Redline just sold the blue CRS 9502 as its appeared up in Aberdeen-would have been a long test drive.

Graham

French Frie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 13:41:28 »
oops... I should have read twice [:o)] !

regarding the blue CRS, nice shot !

philliprice

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 12:26:18 »
Hi,

Quite amusing to find I have been snapped by a fast reacting person as I whizzed by the Anderson drive & Queens Road roundabout.  Nice picture, I'll keep that one for the record books.  Who took it or where was it posted?

It was indeed a long test drive.

Regards
   Phil

SunDude

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 17:29:12 »
What is the chassis number of the black MkIV at Hendon Way Motors - AK????

Rod Leach's Nostalgia - AKL1370

Hexagon Classics - AKL1408

Flyinghorse

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 23:15:05 »
Phil,
   I was sent the photo in May last year of 2 cobras spotted in Aberdeen. A Burgundy Mk-iv (AKL) and CRS9502(yours) -It was a friend who emailed me but he got it from Piston heads as I recall.
   There are a few AC people in the NE so get along to Fennelrestaurant in Burns lane  on Sunday morning for the V8 breakfast sometime.

Graham (Aberdeenshire)

philliprice

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 21:13:42 »
Hi Graham - thanks for the info.  Yes I recently saw CSX2033 in Inverurie on a Sunday and it caught me by surprise!  Research then led me to the Fennel V8 Breakfast Club via a picture of CSX2033 on flickr.  I am currently in Africa but rest assured now that I have seen the amazing display of exotic cars at Fennel on a Sunday morning it will be high on my list of things to do when back.
   Best regards
   Phillip

Flyinghorse

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 23:18:58 »
Phillip,
   Here is a picture of 2033 (BPB's car) and 9513(LBITD  car) at Macallan distillery on a particularly memorable run in 2012.
   2033 had to make emergency windscreen angle adjustments to stay in the money.

We often grab a bacon buttie & coffee then head for the hills in the cars.

We should try to get as many AC's,and Bristol's there as possible this year--we should be able to hit double figures.
   Graham