Author Topic: AC Weller Engine Meeting 20th October 2013  (Read 6892 times)

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
AC Weller Engine Meeting 20th October 2013
« on: May 22, 2013, 17:27:29 »
Dear All
   Just to inform you that I have provisionally arranged this years AC Engine Meeting for October 20th 2013 to be at the Gaydon Museum again, would you be good enough to let me know if you are able to attend & what topics you would like to raise.
   We would start at 10 AM as before.
   I hope this date fits you all.

Regards

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 20:37:13 »
Robin,

I would love to attend but regrettably not able to do so.

If I am permitted as a non attendee, the topics that would be of great interest to me are the effects on our engines of unleaded ethanol fuels, contemporary anti freeze and engine oils lacking in the Z (?) additive and what to do about it.

Jonathan Parker

Vancouver

CLBN 2476

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 20:47:22 »
Jonathan
   Happy to add these to the topics for discussion, am hoping for a free exchange of views & experience to be discussed.

Regards

Robin

AE413

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 19:02:57 »
Robin,

I would like to attend this year, as I was unable to make it last time. Will let you know any topics in plenty of time.

Regards

John

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 20:03:12 »
It would be great to get more AC owners to attend the meeting, we had a good showing last year as well as many Frazer Nash owners, it will be good to get topics for discussion & have useful exchanges of knowledge, I can bring some engine parts but it would be nice for attendees also to bring what they want to discuss where possible.

Robin

59 Aceca

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 17:01:13 »
As the owner of an AC powered car (AEX 734 / CLB 2428), I would find it very interesting to attend this meeting but, being in the U.S., it is not really practical to do so.  Would the Club consider setting up a live webcast of the meeting and/or video taping the meeting and posting it on this site so that AC owners worldwide can "attend" the meeting as well?

Thank you,

Greg

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 20:58:56 »
Greg
   Have sent an Email to Andy Shepherd for his consideration for a live meeting but whilst these things are possible arranging it & possibly cost can be an issue, not being a computer/coms expert we would need to find an economical way for multiple connections to the meeting in the different time zones! I found this difficult when I managed an international company let alone a Club, but technology has move on a pace in the last few years.

Robin

Dave Purcell

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 07:29:58 »
Morning AC owners, my name is David Purcell I live in Perth Australia, I have a 1950 saloon and I need a few contacts for parts if anybody can help it would be most appreciated.has anybody made the rubbers for flywheel damper rubbers or do you need to use the correct ones if so has anybody got the dimensions and which material can be used.
   Thank you guys hoping for an answer
   David.

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 10:13:57 »
Dave
   Brian Eacott has these available & other service spares for the AC cars, he was the Spares guy at AC before they shut down the spares operation, you should try him first, Brian's contact is Phone/Fax  44 20 8397 8472