Author Topic: Sure is quiet here....do I need to start a fight?  (Read 4023 times)

Max Allan

• View Profile
Sure is quiet here....do I need to start a fight?
« on: May 14, 2013, 22:26:32 »
I wish I had some bit of knowledge to share, or a stupid question to ask....

Hey I do have one...what’s folk’s thoughts on the current trend of car show organisers to charge owners to exhibit their cars? [:(!]

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 22:54:21 »
I hope that`s not the case at the NEC this year now that they`ve ditched the Birmingham staff!
   After the ME Guys got the ball rolling again and showing that an AC stand would attract some interest, I hope the Club can raise a crowd!!!

Wally

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 22:54:24 »
I hate the idea of show organisers charging exhibitors and charging the public to view. (They are as bad as auctioneers)

But, I think there does need to be something in place to ensure exhibitors do actually turn up or at least encourage them to turn up, if they didn't have some form of incentive then if the weather was bad they may stay away and that wouldn't do anybody any good.

I wouldn't be against the organisers charging a lot more if they then refund it ALL after you arrive and stay until the show ended.

Wally

Max Allan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 00:36:30 »
I take your point Wally about having something in place that encourage exhibitors turn up AND stay ‘till end of the day. However, without cars the organisers don't have a show and think the current policy of charging exhibitors an entry fee is a damned cheek and will eventually kill the whole concept. I for one used to enjoy meeting and chatting with people, but since most local shows now charge I no longer bother to apply.

terry3000me

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 00:41:41 »
We shall be discussing this years NEC Classic Car Show at the next Council Meeting as there is a proposal to have an ACOC stand/display. It requires Council rubber stamp before any plans are progressed.
   Terry

Max Allan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 00:46:03 »
As you say - auctions are another rip-off. Time was when the hammer went down the price bid was the price paid. Now 10% - 15% -20% is added to the hammer price + VAT.