Author Topic: "powered by Ford" badge  (Read 3977 times)

French Frie

• View Profile
"powered by Ford" badge
« on: May 07, 2013, 11:37:25 »
Hello,

It may sounds as a crime, but I think about making some "powered by Ford" badges,that can replace the orange side marks...

as the dimensions are different from the original part (side marks are 8.8x3.6cms), it as to be custom made, stretching a bit the original logo, but I 've got someone that can do that ... but he needs to do a batch, around 50 items, to make it economically possible.they would be exactly as these emblems, apart the dimensions...

so, apart from the crime (but it could be totally retrofitted, would it be of interest for few members ?

thanks for your answers !

Olivier

SB7019

• View Profile
"powered by Ford" badge
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 17:18:04 »
Olivier.  Have you checked how large the hole that takes the wiring for the side markers is.  On my car the standard Powered by Ford badge is large enough to cover this.  However as it was fitted by the factory when the car was originally built they may have deliberately made a smaller hole?

westcott

• View Profile
"powered by Ford" badge
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 19:14:37 »
I think Olivier is talking about the early GM side markers, they sit inside a recessed surface below the side vents which is higher than the badge and can't be covered by it.
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler!

French Frie

• View Profile
"powered by Ford" badge
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 19:32:22 »
You're right, Uwe [;)]...

Here's a pic to explain more easily than words :

The idea is that the custom made badge fits within the recess of the side mark, for a neat appearance...

nikbj68

• View Profile
"powered by Ford" badge
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 23:22:23 »
Hey...you could make the red block over 'Powered by' out of perspex, then clip it over the lamp & it would still flash when you turn...[8D]

...or perhaps not! [:I]
   Nice little project, hope it works out for you. [:)]

Mark IV

• View Profile
"powered by Ford" badge
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 23:54:19 »
Those side markers are 1969 Corvette/Camaro...how do I know? I bought them and shipped them to Autokraft along with some other parts we provided (drive belts, the "CHMSL" (third rake light for the 1996 models) as well as the "Cora" emlems used on the non USA cars.

French Frie

• View Profile
"powered by Ford" badge
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 12:34:13 »
Rick, I wish you've choosen smaller item [;)] ...

Mark IV

• View Profile
"powered by Ford" badge
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 13:08:55 »
quote:
Originally posted by French Frie

Rick, I wish you've choosen smaller item [;)] ...

Sorry but Brian had already selected them, I was just the procurement operation...............

Hope you are enjoying your car, I remember fondly driving it around the area where JBo lived.

French Frie

• View Profile
"powered by Ford" badge
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 17:24:44 »
Oh yeah [;)] ! It has already hit its 14.000 miles , and will pass the 15.000 frontier before the end of June... I also gathered few upgrade parts to give it more muscle, but keep it as well in its spirit; just need time to work on it !
   Shocks replacement is also on schedule, as well as suspension bushings and rod ends (just received the poly bushings from Energy suspension, but too late for my last workshop session)....