Author Topic: BRM Watch  (Read 8463 times)

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
BRM Watch
« on: March 07, 2013, 23:51:17 »
In my efforts to get sponsorship for the USA international, I've had conversations with BRM Manufacture. They make a very high end line of watches with design inspiration from the Racing world.

I also had a conversation with Alan Lubinsky about getting approval to use the AC logo for this purpose.
   Let me be clear, I have no written approval as of yet, but Mr. Lubinsky was not opposed. Further pursuing this is senseless, unless there is sufficient interest in moving forward with this project.

BRM can and will make a special edition AC watch, if we order enough of them to make it worth their efforts. They would also offer them at a significant reduction of retail price in that case.

These are, in my view, fabulous watches. Most certainly a piece to treasure for posterity. Certainly not cheap. But you get what you pay for.

Would there be interest from you died in the wool AC enthusiasts enough to warrant a special AC edition watch?

If there is, I will organize the affair and post updates on design/styles etc, so you can choose wisely.

For now, take a minute to look at their website:

www.brm-manufacture.com

Gus

Mark IV

• View Profile
BRM Watch
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 01:02:35 »
quote:
Originally posted by Gus Meyjes

Certainly not cheap. But you get what you pay for.

Gus,

Define "cheap"? Perhaps your definition is not in like with mine.

I wear a Timex but actually just ordered a Seiko for a "dress" watch. I am not into the "thousands" catagory of buyer but would look at a lower price point. I must admit I have never heard of "BRM" watches but do know British Racing Motors and have seen/heard the infamous H16...............

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
BRM Watch
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 10:05:30 »
I first search shows me that you have to pay a 4 digit price for these watches. I have no experiences with BRM but for these prices you would get a fine IWC and they are really fantastic, a masterpiece of watch craftman.

The BRMs I found in the internet are not my flavour. It is bit too much overdone. A little bit more understatement like the german watches (Glashütte) of like IWC would be nice.

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
BRM Watch
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 20:09:34 »
Hey, to each their own. I believe the watch that would be the "basis" for this would be a V12-44.

I don't want to advertise a price publicly as I did not get a firm quote, but if you email me I will tell you the ball park.

Gus

Nev

• View Profile
BRM Watch
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 12:31:26 »
Gus, PM sent.

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
BRM Watch
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 20:40:13 »
I will need a minimum of 10 commitments...

Gus

Spantik

• View Profile
BRM Watch
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 10:39:53 »
Hi Gus, thanks for your effort. However, I share dkp_cobra view, an AC dedicated wristwatch should be more "classical", but this is a question of taste. Hope you get this project completed, it is a nice one.

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
BRM Watch
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 13:11:37 »
DKP is interested. Not all BRM watches are "colorful"

The Black/white steel V12-44 is nice.

Gus

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
BRM Watch
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 15:06:31 »
I spoke with the BRM distributor. Watches will be numbered individually, different options are available for use.

The V 6 model will be cheaper, but certainly less detailed. The V 11 model can be used as well. My wife wants one and the option is there to get a 38 mm model instead of the 45mm models.

All these have genuine movements. A last and much cheaper option is a quarts driven model. Personally, I have no interest in that.

Gus

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
BRM Watch
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 07:08:01 »
A 38 mm version sounds quite interesting for me.

Nev

• View Profile
BRM Watch
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 11:37:01 »
The V6 is 'cleaner' and simpler .............

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
BRM Watch
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 12:16:26 »
I am interested in the V6. My problem is that I have to try these watches (44mm versus 38mm) at my wrist. Unfortunately, BRM cannot be bought at your local watch dealer in your town. We have one dealer in Germany, more than 800 km away and he hasn't nearly any BRM watches at stock. They are built by orders and shipped via the dealer to the customers. So, what can I do? Gus, do you know of dealers in the Netherlands?

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
BRM Watch
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, 15:31:27 »
well, inconvenient as it may be, I suppose that comes with the territory of exclusivity.
   If any store on any corner would have them, it would be as much fun as owning an AC as if it were a Toyota Camry [;)]

No dealer in Holland. The one guy in Almere operates on orders only. No stock.

However, I'm sure there are many watches one can "size" by putting it on and seeing if the diameter is something you like.

Peter I just sent you an email. That one is 45mm.

Gus

1984MkIV

• View Profile
BRM Watch
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 08:38:30 »
Soundsa interesting

Nev

• View Profile
BRM Watch
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 19:55:08 »
Have  there been any developments on this one?