Author Topic: Continuation Cobra for sale in Germany  (Read 7483 times)

westcott

• View Profile
Continuation Cobra for sale in Germany
« on: February 20, 2013, 12:06:19 »
The german vehicle market place "Mobile" has a continuation car for sale by private party, asking price is 110.000 €.
   The car has a german registration with 66 registration date and the description says analogously "not a original but has 60s CSX Number". Engine is original side oiler. Serious inquiries will be answered when prospective buyer has left full name and telephone number.

http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/cobra-andere-ac-cobra-427-s-c-continuation-aluminium-csx-hamburg/174825288.html

Furthermore a mid 90s MK IV will be available soon. Ak number with 15" wheels, short nose and some LW look but not a AKL.
   Asking price to be around mid 90s.

Uwe
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler!

302EFI

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 11:01:12 »
That AKL car has been advertised on 'mobile.de' for exactly 6 years now. I have no clue why it has not been sold. I took a look at it two years ago (when I was after another car offered by the same dealer), it looked pretty good. The asking price is not out of scope either.

westcott

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 11:53:31 »
Maybe the price is a bit high and the car too young to be used for historical ralleys and events.

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 15:19:03 »
quote:
Originally posted by 302EFI

That AKL car has been advertised on 'mobile.de' for exactly 6 years now. I have no clue why it has not been sold. I took a look at it two years ago (when I was after another car offered by the same dealer), it looked pretty good. The asking price is not out of scope either.

Is this really a lightweight or a strong modified standard MK IV with a "re-numbered" chassis? AKL with a 1988 first registration confuse me a little bit. I thought that AKL started 1990. Is this wrong?

Hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 09:11:22 »
Yes, advertised for years now.

Without knowing the AKL-No. everything is speculation, but I would say it is a customized “normal” AKL – but not out of the famous 27 (42) – series…the so called “original” ones. For a “normal” AKL the price is far too high.

First permission for legal street use out of 1988 and an “AKL-No” does not fit together. But have a look, it is a carburetted engine, this may explain why it is documented as a 1988 ;-) .
   Further more it had/has a heater – look at the demister ……..and a glovebox (without lid).
   Seats are not original - not from the "original" neither from a "normal" AKL.

302EFI

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 11:17:49 »
Well, as far as one can see on the pictures, except for the demister the car has all features of a 'true/original' lightweight, including items that are difficult to fit retroactively such as the short nose and the recessed fuel filler on the right rear fender.

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 11:37:51 »
quote:
Originally posted by 302EFI

Well, as far as one can see on the pictures, except for the demister the car has all features of a 'true/original' lightweight, including items that are difficult to fit retroactively such as the short nose and the recessed fuel filler on the right rear fender.

My standard MK IV has a short nose and this is not a modification. A relocation of the fuel filler would have been an easy task during the restauration.

302EFI

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 09:47:11 »
quote:
Originally posted by westcott

The german vehicle market place "Mobile" has a continuation car for sale by private party, asking price is 110.000 €.
   The car has a german registration with 66 registration date and the description says analogously "not a original but has 60s CSX Number". Engine is original side oiler. Serious inquiries will be answered when prospective buyer has left full name and telephone number.

http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/cobra-andere-ac-cobra-427-s-c-continuation-aluminium-csx-hamburg/174825288.html

Furthermore a mid 90s MK IV will be available soon. Ak number with 15" wheels, short nose and some LW look but not a AKL.
   Asking price to be around mid 90s.

Uwe

Uwe - Any news re the mid-90s car?
   Jürgen

westcott

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 21:42:12 »
Nothing new, asking price will be around 95 K€, the owner will sell it in spring.

Spantik

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 21:56:36 »
Continuation or original (no pictures available)?
   false&makeModelVariantExclusion1.searchInFreetext=false&ambitCountry=DE&negativeFeatures=EXPORT&categories=Cabrio

Hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2013, 09:33:39 »
It seems to be a serious offer.
   Looking to the sales price it seems to be an original 289 one, same impression you get from the only available photo showing the periodical correct speedometer. However advertisment refers to a 7 ltr. engine with a lot of hp. The car is still in the US.

..... offered by a welknown company.
   Welknown so far that they also offered vintage cars from the US acting as a broker (only)......including many "65"-Cobra replicas (and leaving the (German) buyer alone when it comes to road registration :-( )

If you are interested in the car you have to go deep into the details - first exercise would be to get the VIN.
   Simply give them a call. Someone from Switzerland will get an answer - as they smell the money :-))

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2013, 13:29:48 »
Seems to be "all the Money" for a 289. Everybody is giddy. Prices have been insane in the last few months...
   Another bubble about to burst?

289's jumping from mid $400's to mid $800's in a matter of a couple of years? I'm going to say there is a bit more optimism in the market than can be rationally justified. It's not like we have a slough of new buyers entering in the game (according to analysts at Sports Car Market) But maybe AC Cobras are entering into Ferrari territory now and I'm completely off...

I do wish I would have bought one 10 years ago at $180K...

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2013, 16:25:06 »
quote:
Originally posted by Gus Meyjes
   I do wish I would have bought one 10 years ago at $180K...

Yes, I can remember that a 289 Cobra was offered for 150T€ but that was the time I was thinking about buying a house. Well, wrong decision [:o)]