Author Topic: Chasing Classic Cars Episode re. 1955 Ace  (Read 10870 times)

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
Chasing Classic Cars Episode re. 1955 Ace
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 02:31:35 »
Hey Guys,

I just watched the episode. That was high class. What a great story. I loved the old man. What a fantastic experience that must have been.

By all mean, Rob, if you can give him a ring, give him a heads up on what the plan is.

Thanks.

Looking forward to seeing all of you this summer.

Gus

BBK

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 03:26:53 »
I just saw the episode as well. It was very heart warming and probably one of the best episodes I have seen. The Ace was restored to its original dark red color for the original owner of the car who raced it in 1955. The man's son bought the car back for his dad and had Wayne do some restoration work (paint, etc.) and presented the car to his dad on his birthday at the location of the first road race he won at Put-in-Bay Ohio.  The car is RHD and the show mentions chassis number AE 46.  During the restoration Wayne was having trouble finding out the original color, which he probably could have found out if he was familiar with this forum and its resident experts!  Noticed a BRG 427 Cobra in Wayne's shop during the resto process, with sunburst wheels. The show is a must see for Ace lovers. The whole show was about this car and the efforts to get it ready to present to Joe Bojalad.  Just a terrific show.

Jim A

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 18:15:27 »
DirecTV doesn't make the Velocity channel available without High Definition equipment.
   So if anyone finds a DVD or regular TV replay, I would like to see it.
   Some of the interesting changes this car has gone through are at:
   http://www.acaceca.de.tl/AE-46.htm