Author Topic: Historic photos of AC's!  (Read 15283 times)

jonto

• View Profile
Re: Historic photos of AC's!
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2023, 19:13:05 »
Postscript, in the pictures above the Mays car does not appear to have the drilled chassis side members.

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2023, 19:30:23 »
It might have an under tray!
Robin

jonto

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2023, 21:56:06 »
Could be.

Old Crock

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2023, 09:21:47 »
Do you think it's the same car?

Yes, it's the same AC Royal that is in Sweden. Chassis number 30427 which, again, is recorded wrongly, with the wrong registration, in the ACOC register. Interesting that it carries the Acedes name on the radiator, but likely correct as the car was apparently first registered in 1927 (the year the company came under S F Edge's full control, and renamed AC (Acedes) Ltd.) - this period had the six-cylinder in full production and the popularity of the four had diminished.

Andrey1976b

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2023, 10:31:37 »

Yes, it's the same AC Royal that is in Sweden. Chassis number 30427 which, again, is recorded wrongly, with the wrong registration, in the ACOC register. Interesting that it carries the Acedes name on the radiator, but likely correct as the car was apparently first registered in 1927 (the year the company came under S F Edge's full control, and renamed AC (Acedes) Ltd.) - this period had the six-cylinder in full production and the popularity of the four had diminished.

Thank you!!!

paho

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2023, 13:21:57 »

So the ACOC registers are open information to the public?
/Paho
"Blessed are those that don't ask for they shall not receive"

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2023, 09:24:09 »
Although access to the registers is restricted to current ACOC members, the information in those published on the club website is regarded as public domain information.  The register entry for a particular car may be provided by a registrar in response to bona fide enquiries from non-members, for example from a prospective purchaser.  Any other information not in the public domain (and there is a lot out there - there are numerous photos of both my ACs on the internet) is regarded as confidential.  Some information in the published registers is shown as 'Withheld' on request.

Andrey1976b

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2023, 09:32:04 »
It seems that our club does not have this photo
Moscow, 1979

paho

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2023, 14:09:56 »
Although access to the registers is restricted to current ACOC members, the information in those published on the club website is regarded as public domain information.  The register entry for a particular car may be provided by a registrar in response to bona fide enquiries from non-members, for example from a prospective purchaser.  Any other information not in the public domain (and there is a lot out there - there are numerous photos of both my ACs on the internet) is regarded as confidential. Some information in the published registers is shown as 'Withheld' on request.
Whom can I contact via the forum e-mail feature to "withhold" certain information from the register?
/Paho

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2023, 08:38:04 »
Contact the relevant registrar directly - contact details are in ACtion.

paho

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2023, 12:47:22 »
Contact the relevant registrar directly - contact details are in ACtion.
That was in John A. in 2021 is that still correct? I haven't been a member since 2021.
/Paho

Andrey1976b

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2023, 05:43:12 »
12592 or 14201?

Old Crock

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2023, 11:12:55 »
This is the only surviving AC Six with a 'single coupe' body - this was offered by the factory and you'll see the window frames are solid. The car was part of the collection of C W P Hampton of Hamptons Estate Agents. He had a marvellous collection including Bugatti, Rolls-Royce, Hispano-Suiza and a Mercedes 'S' from 1927, a car I acted as middle-man in its sale. I remember we had to change the gear change as Hampton had it modified - he had a damaged arm; I believe he was shot down in a Spitfire during the war. One of his Bugattis was 'Black Bess' which sold for $2.5 million in 2009.

His AC Six was always immaculately turned out (as were all his cars) and he was most precise in its restoration (including using Rexine hood material). It is chassis number 12481, registration number SH2453, first registered in 1926.   

Andrey1976b

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2023, 06:24:09 »
This is the only surviving AC Six with a 'single coupe' body - this was offered by the factory and you'll see the window frames are solid. The car was part of the collection of C W P Hampton of Hamptons Estate Agents. He had a marvellous collection including Bugatti, Rolls-Royce, Hispano-Suiza and a Mercedes 'S' from 1927, a car I acted as middle-man in its sale. I remember we had to change the gear change as Hampton had it modified - he had a damaged arm; I believe he was shot down in a Spitfire during the war. One of his Bugattis was 'Black Bess' which sold for $2.5 million in 2009.

His AC Six was always immaculately turned out (as were all his cars) and he was most precise in its restoration (including using Rexine hood material). It is chassis number 12481, registration number SH2453, first registered in 1926.   

Thank you so much!!!

Andrey1976b

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2023, 10:17:31 »
AC Cyclecar at the exhibition "The First Motors of Russia" in the Special Purpose Garage Museum (2023)