Author Topic: 1977 AC/Autotkraft on Ebay  (Read 7382 times)

nikbj68

• View Profile
1977 AC/Autotkraft on Ebay
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2007, 10:04:20 »
quote:
Originally posted by jimmydfw
   I still have this car if anyone is interested.  www.straightlineautomotivegroup.com  jimmy 877-242-2369 ext.702

Hi Jimmy. Not meaning to be overly picky, but NO original Cobras were supplied with inline 6 cylinder engines, they arrived with an empty engine bay, Brian Angliss` Autokraft was never a 'sister company' to AC,your car is not a MkIV by any stretch of the imagination, and from the pictures I see it still bears an AC chassis plate(which although partially obscured appears to be a 'Thames Ditton' one), which if manufactured in 1977, it shouldn`t have, as Autokraft wasn`t granted use of the name at that time. Can you say what chassis number appears on the plate?

(Click on the pic to go to a full gallery)
   Other than that, I still say it`s a beautiful car.  [:)]

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2007, 23:40:35 »
quote:
Originally posted by jimmydfw

This is actually my car you are talking about. It is 100% not a fake car. It was built by Brian Angliss and Richard Buxbaum in November of 1977. It is not and was never presented as being a Shelby car. When we got the car, it had a CSX vin plate in it but it was removed and the other vin plate was installed. It is for a Ford Cobra but that is the title the car currently has along with it. The car does not have an AC title or vin plate in it. If you have any doubts, feel free to come and inspect the car. We have nothing to hide.  It was also previously owned by Bill Jacobs and Dana Mecum

Jimmy Singer

From what I can see that definatly look s like an AC vin plate
   214-893-7812

jbottini

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2007, 13:18:19 »
From the photo's ( and couldn't find the vin plate pic's) this is probably a 289 chassis, with a rack and pinion conversion. BA was certainly cabable of doing this in '77...the ? is ...did he? Looks like a nice car all the same. Value is a tough call...eyes of the beholder and all.

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2007, 09:31:39 »
quote:
Originally posted by jbottini

...couldn't find the vin plate pic's...

Jim, look on top of the footbox, obscured by the air cleaner,
   You can clearly see a corner of the Chassis plate reading: "AC CAR..."
   and just about make out the "THAMES..." in the next line down, despite as Aaron pointed out, that Jimmy states:
quote:
JimmyDFW"...The car does not have an AC title or vin plate in it...
[?]

jbottini

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2007, 14:14:55 »
you are correct I see it, but BA did not (as I understand it) have a "license" from AC in '77. Perhaps, as he was the most respected AC repairer/restorer, he created this car from a AC 289 collision and it ended up as it did. None the less, there is probably a good story here and this should become a hot topic for SAAC, i.e. is it or is it not a Cobra  when was the original built , was it a COB or CSX and what is the standing..Whee who, I'll order pies and pints and watch this one.