Author Topic: 428 Rear Suspension  (Read 18830 times)

Mark IV

• View Profile
428 Rear Suspension
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2007, 00:31:13 »
quote:
Originally posted by Emmanueld

AK02 had a Roush built 351 Windsor, It was not very powerful and rought running, 5000RPM was the most you could get! Hot rodders over here like the 346 which is a bored out 302, with a good set of heads, it is supposed to be the best running small block!

Emmanuel

And that relates to the rear hub subject how?

Yes, some early Autokraft cars had Roush motors of questionable power. I had AK013 with a truck 351 that had no guts, and AK017 with a 302 that was not impressive......but after 20 years of NO Cobras, it was better than nothing.

And I first met Jack Roush with Brian Angliss and Brian told me of issues he had with motors Roush had shipped to the UK. As well as how Jack wanted 50 percent of Autokraft for installing engines (the original proposal for the US Mark IVs)...Brians reply, "No problem, how much of Roush Industries will you be giving me?"

Rick[:D]

jbottini

• View Profile
428 Rear Suspension
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2007, 01:50:55 »
Emmanuald,
   Your grasp of the obvious is astounding and your lack of acknowledging your errors is equally astounding. You are great at hijacking threads, deflecting acknowledgements via hijacks and starting muliple threads in an effort to have "dialog" It would appear you are not the oracle you believe youself to be..learn to deal with it. We are most all AC ENTHUSIASTS here on this site. Join in and be part of a solution.

cobham cobra

• View Profile
428 Rear Suspension
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2007, 10:07:02 »
Jim / Rick,
   Well put, but all you have done is start him off again[:(]. I feel it is like the Olympic torch being passed on through the forum and now it's your turn (again) -  Good luck - John.[:D]

jbottini

• View Profile
428 Rear Suspension
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2007, 13:36:02 »
I surrender !

Emmanueld

• View Profile
428 Rear Suspension
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2007, 17:23:30 »
quote:
Originally posted by jbottini

Emmanuald,
   Your grasp of the obvious is astounding and your lack of acknowledging your errors is equally astounding. You are great at hijacking threads, deflecting acknowledgements via hijacks and starting muliple threads in an effort to have "dialog" It would appear you are not the oracle you believe youself to be..learn to deal with it. We are most all AC ENTHUSIASTS here on this site. Join in and be part of a solution.

jbottini, why are you so aggressive? is that because I own a original AC and you don't? [:D] Oh well, we now have established that the rear uprights on the MKIV are 1" wider on each side (according to the photo with the ruler) that's 2" for both sides, not 4 as you claimed earlier! Talking about hijacking threads, you are on the wrong forum, the MKIV, V,VI,VII,  etc, replica Cobra is on the other side, since you can't have an intelligent and gentleman like discussion, it's getting a bit old.

Emmanueld

• View Profile
428 Rear Suspension
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2007, 17:30:20 »
quote:
Originally posted by jbottini

I surrender !

I thought that was reserved for the French! [:D]

Mark IV

• View Profile
428 Rear Suspension
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2007, 17:34:51 »
[/quote]

jbottini, why are you so aggressive? is that because I own a original AC and you don't? [:D] Oh well, we now have established that the rear uprights on the MKIV are 1" wider on each side (according to the photo with the ruler) that's 2" for both sides, not 4 as you claimed earlier! Talking about hijacking threads, you are on the wrong forum, the MKIV, V,VI,VII,  etc, replica Cobra is on the other side, since you can't have an intelligent and gentleman like discussion, it's getting a bit old.
   [/quote]

And the other TWO INCHES come from the revised offset of the wheel and the lenght of the hub!!!
   And JBottini owned and drove CSX3327 long before you bought your "real AC". I also had a "real AC", CSX3326 (wrecked when I bought it and wrecked when I sold it) as well as caretaking/driving a Frua coupe and a 289, so who had what, when is a specious argument....and the Hurlocks seemed to think the MK IV is a "real AC"

Chill dude.....

Rick

Englishman

• View Profile
428 Rear Suspension
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2007, 02:19:11 »
Gentlemen,
   As I started this thread I believe that I should end it with the news that I have located the spherical bearings with the help of the Forum.
   Hawk Cars UK were able to assist and supply.
   I thank everyone for thier help and will no doubt call on your collective expertise again.

Peter

Emmanueld

• View Profile
428 Rear Suspension
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2008, 02:32:45 »
I found the thread! So it appears my memory still works! Emmanuel [:D]