Author Topic: Posting Photos  (Read 12111 times)

aaron

• View Profile
Posting Photos
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2012, 19:33:16 »
quote:
Originally posted by aex125

Aaron and Trevor,
   Thanks for the explanations.

Jay

Trevor has hit the nail on the head, it is good manners to ask first tO use a photograph

nikbj68

• View Profile
Posting Photos
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2012, 10:59:55 »
quote:
Originally posted by aaron: Trevor has hit the nail on the head, it is good manners to ask first tO use a photograph,
    Chafford : PLEASE TAKE NOTE: IT IS ALSO GOOD MANNERS TO ASK IF YOU CAN POST LINKS TO PHOTOS ON WEBSITES,ASKING FIRST.AS THIS IS ALSO COPYRIGHT THEFT.

Sorry mate, but you have that all wrong.
   You have uploaded your photos because you want them to be seen.
   You have disabled sharing & downloading, which is your right.
   If anyone feels your photos are worthy of sharing with a wider audience and directs them to your own gallery or website, they don`t need your permission, and are respecting your rights and restrictions; in fact you should be grateful that they respect your work sufficiently to go to the effort of linking to your own gallery. It would be just the same as linking to the 'Look inside' feature of a book for sale rather than copying and pasting chapters & photos online.
   I would apologise to Chafford for the copyright theft suggestion, it`s completely the opposite!

When posting photos from someone else`s site, I will always add a credit & linkback to their site as a matter of courtesy, and if asked, would remove. [:)]

aaron

• View Profile
Posting Photos
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2012, 18:27:04 »
quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68

quote:
Originally posted by aaron: Trevor has hit the nail on the head, it is good manners to ask first tO use a photograph,
    Chafford : PLEASE TAKE NOTE: IT IS ALSO GOOD MANNERS TO ASK IF YOU CAN POST LINKS TO PHOTOS ON WEBSITES,ASKING FIRST.AS THIS IS ALSO COPYRIGHT THEFT.

Sorry mate, but you have that all wrong.
   You have uploaded your photos because you want them to be seen.
   You have disabled sharing & downloading, which is your right.
   If anyone feels your photos are worthy of sharing with a wider audience and directs them to your own gallery or website, they don`t need your permission, and are respecting your rights and restrictions; in fact you should be grateful that they respect your work sufficiently to go to the effort of linking to your own gallery. It would be just the same as linking to the 'Look inside' feature of a book for sale rather than copying and pasting chapters & photos online.
   I would apologise to Chafford for the copyright theft suggestion, it`s completely the opposite!

When posting photos from someone else`s site, I will always add a credit & linkback to their site as a matter of courtesy, and if asked, would remove. [:)]

That is interesting info Nik, I have now ammended my above comment.

But I won`t be apologising to anyone !

I still think it is polite to ask first.

nikbj68

• View Profile
Posting Photos
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2013, 18:44:14 »
quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68: If you copy the 'BB code' from the 'share' button on flickr, it doesn`t quite work on here, giving this:

239 by Nikbj68, on Flickr

What you need to do is add inverted commas either side of the url texts so it looks like this: [url="http://www.flickr.com/people/19127134@N00/6220299956/"], then it works like this:

239 by Nikbj68, on Flickr

The same now applies to Photobucket, when you have copied the code and added it to your forum post, you have to add inverted commas like this:
   [url= " http://s134.photobucket.com/user/nikbj68/media/NiksnextCobra.jpg.html " ] to not have a line of code before your photo in the post.
   The result should change from this:

to This:

Happy photo posting folks! [:D]

nick Godridge

• View Profile
Posting Photos
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2014, 20:15:24 »
Thx for the info.
   So, if I've understood you correctly, there is no way to do this except if you use a site like Picassa?

Is there a reason for this, I have some difficulty in understanding why its not possible to drag and drop like most other sites/forums?

Hope you can help me out here, to be honest, I'm not v. keen to set up an account with a photo sharing site for the sole purpose of illustrating issues with other ACOC members.

Thx
   Nick G

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
Posting Photos
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2014, 08:03:42 »
quote:
Originally posted by nick Godridge

Thx for the info.
   So, if I've understood you correctly, there is no way to do this except if you use a site like Picassa?

Is there a reason for this, I have some difficulty in understanding why its not possible to drag and drop like most other sites/forums?

Hope you can help me out here, to be honest, I'm not v. keen to set up an account with a photo sharing site for the sole purpose of illustrating issues with other ACOC members.

Thx
   Nick G

I am not the administrator of this forum but I guess the reason is that you need a much (MUCH) bigger server for a forum which allows uploading of pictures and movies. This one here is a really small forum in terms of memory consumption. Please, someone correct me if I am wrong.

nikbj68

• View Profile
Posting Photos
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2014, 08:16:02 »
That`s basically it.
   I`m happy to 'host and post' photos for anyone who, for whatever reason, cannot; simply contact me by clicking nikbj68, you can then email me your photos, and comments if required, for insertion into any particular thread. [:)]

dsjw1

• View Profile
Posting Photos
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2015, 04:08:57 »
nikbj68 have we as a club, correction, you as a club tried Facebook for further interaction socially as respect posts? It seems that would solve the memory issue on picture posting? I will be joining in the new year now I have an ac Buckland in my possession. I believe there is an acoc Facebook page but by and large inactive. Should we could we try some new avenues for interaction?

Thanks for all you do! I'm looking forward to membership in 2016!

Rob.Hendriks

• View Profile
Posting Photos
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2015, 03:20:12 »

TLegate

• View Profile
Posting Photos
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2015, 11:34:00 »
Oh Rob, you have to put up with some rubbish scenery in NZ! Now if only you can find a way to make the door stay shut...

Rob.Hendriks

• View Profile
Posting Photos
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2015, 21:30:47 »
had to let mice out to play :)