Author Topic: Classic Motor Show 16 to 18 November, NEC  (Read 6475 times)

terry3000me

• View Profile
Classic Motor Show 16 to 18 November, NEC
« on: October 08, 2012, 01:07:48 »
At this year’s Classic Motor Show there will be a display of three MEs, those of Tony Witt (ME117), Jon Evans (ME184) and Phil Brown (ME201).  Location Hall 10, stand 10C63.

The display has been arrange by ACOC members Jeremy and Tony Witt who have both been involved for many years with car club displays at this event.

The ACOC Council gave the Club support to the display and wish all involved the best of luck.

The show is considered the premier class car show in the UK and thanks to Jeremy and Tony for making the arrangement and to Jon and Phil for allowing their cars to be displayed.

If you are attending please ensure you go and say ‘Hello’. Other ME owners will be attending including Ian Winter the model registrar and ME spares co-ordinator and myself.

You can obtain discounted tickets by using the code shown on page 41 of the September 2012 ACtion.

Terry

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 09:35:13 »
Can I be the first to congratulate Jon, Jeremy & Phil for doing a first-class job of displaying their ME`s & I was very impressed with Jon`s scale model of an ME tub & subframe, what a piece of art!

Well done chaps, I hope you`ve paved the way for a full on multi-model AC presence next year!

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 13:03:50 »
The display was a credit to all involved - well done!

jon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 14:01:01 »

tim isles

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 17:21:05 »
I'd like to join the others and add my congratulations and thanks too to all involved  with the ACOC stand at the Classic Motor Show - a superb and select gathering of the some of the best 3000 MEs in the country. The display was hugely popular. Tim

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 13:39:02 »
Mentioned in despatches. OCTANE MAGAZINE`s online feature has a photo of the ME display, and I can see Phil telling Dad & Myself about his car & ME history in the back of this shot!

Any chance of a photo of Jon`s chassis model anyone? I meant to go back & photograph the stand but ran out of time! [:(]

jon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 17:32:54 »

ME113

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 22:06:05 »
Nice pic of 113.

Tony and I were discussing throttle cable brackets!

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2012, 07:23:42 »
Thanks, Jon, that's a work of art!!

Brooklander

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 23:18:06 »
I'd like to extend our heartfelt thanks to all those ACOC members who visited the stand and shared our enthusiasm in wanting to display their AC models in the future.

Without doubt, a very positive outcome for the club and the optimism for a larger stand area for next year.

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 08:25:15 »
It was great to chat to you Phil, and if you managed to maintain the level of enthusiasm you showed on Friday morning for the whole weekend, I`ll bet you`ve only just recovered!
   (p.s., Did you see the Trident display? Road car, race car & 60`s variants on show!)

Brooklander

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 12:25:01 »
Nik, I only managed an hour to have a wander over all the 4 days we were up at the NEC!
   We had a great response from current young people who thought the ME design was a timeless classic. Our enthusiasm was proportional to that received about the three MEs on display.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the Trident display. Ironically, one of the Trident club members sold his ME this year - it's now been sold to a guy in the USA. His 15 year old son was caught trying out the ME for size at 02.00am - only hours after the car was delivered!!!  It's a bit of an understatement that the owner's son totally loves the AC!!

shep

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 14:32:47 »
A big thank you to Tony, Jeremy and all who helped make the AC presence at the NEC happen. The cars looked wonderful, and it made a nice change for the 3000 MEs to take centre stage. The Club is lucky to have so many diverse AC models, and such enthusiastic members who are prepared to give their valuable time. Let this be the start of many more AC displays at future shows and events. Well done and thanks, Andy.

Flyinghorse

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2013, 11:48:45 »
I was wondering if there's an AC presence this year (2013) (15th-17th)?

Also is there any club booking discount codes?

Regards,
   Graham