Author Topic: Why Goodwood is great ...  (Read 7371 times)

1984MkIV

• View Profile
Why Goodwood is great ...
« on: September 18, 2012, 15:30:32 »
Her smile was lovely, that´s why I would like to share it with you:

And here he is, the new candidate for president in the middle of the Gurney Girls:

I really enjoyed Goodwood, to talk to all the COBRA enthusiasts, to see Dan Gurney first time and Gentleman Jack Sears and Bob Bondurant again!

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 16:36:22 »
Michael, where is your wife [}:)]

1984MkIV

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 16:41:48 »
quote:
Originally posted by dkp_cobra

... as far as I remember not behind the camera ...

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 16:48:48 »
quote:
Originally posted by 1984MkIV

quote:
Originally posted by dkp_cobra

... as far as I remember not behind the camera ...

Do I have her e-mail address so I can point her to this thread [:0]

shep

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 18:50:20 »
What a weekend! I was extremely fortunate to receive a late-late entry for the Shelby Cup race which took place on Saturday at the Goodwood Revival Meeting. My co-driver was David Franklin who is both extremely capable and experienced. Friday saw a wet and extremely slippery qualifying session, and as neither of us knew the car well, we ended up 19th on the grid. Saturday was a beautiful sunny day, and it felt like the whole AC world turned up to watch. After a great race, and speedy driver change, we finally finished 7th from an initial 30 Cobras! We were thrilled, and thank the car's owner Robert Bremner for allowing us to compete in his car, and for towing it all the way from Scotland for the event. Needless to say we insured it for the race via Brian Gilbart-Smith, which gave us some peace of mind. Thanks also to my son Ted and friend Mossy for mechanical and Pits help. Goodwood Revival has been my dream for so long, and the reality surpassed my expectations by miles.

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 19:41:08 »
Yes a great weekend, nice to meet up with Michael and Andy aswell as penty of other AC Enthusiasts over the weekend.

TLegate

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 19:50:17 »
I guess all those ladies were after your beer supply Michael! Shame I got there first :)

REV

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 22:42:11 »
Andy, it really must be something to have raced at the revival, well done and hopefully the first of many. I'm not a racer, but if I were it would also be where I wanted to be.

As an ambassador for AC and the Owners Club you're a very good one, so you deserve your run out there. I hope you thoroughly enjoyed yourself. I for one feel hard work has it's rewards.

Congratulations to you.

:-)

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 23:51:34 »
quote:
Originally posted by shep
   ...... Goodwood Revival has been my dream for so long, and the reality surpassed my expectations by miles.

....there I can see your eyes shining, Andy. Well done!

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 09:54:39 »
Congratulations and Commiserations

A great event that just gets better every yesar.

Well done Andy for coming from 19th on the grid to finish 7th, Bill Bridges for competing at Monterey then flying the Yellow Canary back in time for the 50th Cobra Anniversary race at GoodWood.
   A good result to from Kevin Kivlochan.

Commiseration to both Graham Bryant and Bill Shepherd for the serious damage received to both their Cobras on Friday by Martin Brundel losing Bill's Green  Cobra at ST Mary's and taking out Grahams Red and Gold Cobra that had broken down and was left in attendance and with instructions  ( 3 times?)to please move it to a safer location. If only the Marshalls had listened and been more professional.... A racing Accident..[:(][?].

Met up with so many Friend's, ACtually missed a fair few things on the To Do list.

All in all a "Great Event".  Those who have never been ,  must put it on your Calander.

Keith..[:)]..[:)]

ACOCArch

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 15:34:18 »
From my personal perspective, quite the most enjoyable Classic event I have ever attended.

Especially well done to the Cobra owners and drivers. Wonderful display in the paddock, in particular Barrie Bird's A98, and an absolutely spectacular show on the track in the damp on Friday.

The clip on this link, taken from the pits grandstand, illustrates the point. Turn up the sound!

http://youtu.be/v1dTLlOUdNs

It might be an old nutshell, but -

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 09:11:29 »
Please find attached link to 264 photos  of:-

"The Shelby Cup Race."

The pictures say it all.

Enjoy.

http://www.sportscardigest.com/goodwood-revival-2012-shelby-cup-race-report/?awt_l=O1f3g&awt_m=JQllaYR.6us.C0&nggpage=12

Keith..[;)]

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 16:59:00 »

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2012, 15:15:08 »
Originally posted by AC Ace Bristol

Grahams Red and Gold Cobra that had broken down and was left in attendance and with instructions  ( 3 times?)to please move it to a safer location. If only the Marshalls had listened and been more professional.... A racing Accident..[:(][?].

It is a real shame, I spoke to Bill at the Revival Test Day a couple of weeks ago, his car seemed to be running  well, you have to feel for Grahame Bryant too, his car took 11 months to rebuild after last years Revival.

shep

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 18:43:42 »
It was a huge shame that both our Green Car and Graham Bryant's GPG 4 C were so badly damaged in the Qualifying shunt that they could not race at the Revival. I would not rush to blame anyone without knowing all the facts. GPG came to rest several laps before the accident, and Ollie Bryant (I think was the driver) parked it as far from the track as he possibly could. It must have been at least 40m away. The marshals first hung out waved yellows, and then stationary yellows until every driver was aware of the danger. Martin must have passed the scene at least 4 times in the Green Car, maybe more. I had already changed driver to David Franklin before GPG stopped, and so I didn't see it parked. If I had, I would have left a safety margin, knowing there was a hazard on the outside of the corner. I heard that Kenny Brack in the Daytona Coupe overtook our Green Car shortly before the accident, and I wonder if it may have drawn Martin into St Mary's faster than he intended? Whatever, it was a shame the two crashed cars were unable to compete.