Author Topic: 15" wheels  (Read 21025 times)

nikbj68

• View Profile
15" wheels
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2013, 19:15:44 »
Failed for 2mm too narrow? What are they, Formula 1 Scrutineers every other weekend?
   I would have made the shims 1.1mm each side.... just to show them! Good to hear that you had a solution to 2 problems at once that you were comfortable with!

SwissAKL

• View Profile
15" wheels
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2013, 19:57:03 »
They're crazy. As if there were 45236759236529 ACs around, that they would be involved in accidents everyday due to their front track being too narrow, so that the Swiss Office for Cars would be held for responsible because they'd allowed a handcrafted car that's 2 mm too narrow -
   Lucky they haven't seen the spacers otherwise they'd have asked for an Autokraft certificate saying spacers are made by them and allowed on my car.

Go and figure...

Same story with the tires, they had me change from H to V speed index... but you're allowed a maximum 120 km/h on Swiss roads...
   They had me fit an air filter housing because of air aspiration noise (???), change rear reflectors for smaller ones because the larger ones didn't have "E" scripture on them... and a lot of other very intelligent modifications...

No wonder why it took nearly 8 months to get the approval.

BBK

• View Profile
15" wheels
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2013, 21:18:37 »
quote:
Originally posted by French Frie

here's the "red hair" en route to Magny-cours track, with its 15" wheels and a happy driver [;)]

Looks fantastic!  Enjoy!

French Frie

• View Profile
15" wheels
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2013, 22:06:03 »
Thanks, guys [;)] ... I do !