Author Topic: Monterey Motorsports Reunion at Laguna Seca  (Read 9070 times)

BBK

• View Profile
Monterey Motorsports Reunion at Laguna Seca
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2012, 00:03:08 »
Gus.......great pics!

Rob

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2012, 00:17:29 »
Nice photos, thanks for sharing.

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2012, 09:07:41 »
quote:
..... I actually got around 19 MPG city/freeway combined, so thought that was pretty good!  Likewise...perhaps you can make it to the International that Gus is working on here in the USA!  Hope to meet as well.

.. my MkIV with standard 302 EFI on our last International up to Scotland (3.850 kms) ended up with 22.1 MPG (UK). These are such bloody good cars! Hope to be able to test it once in CA [:)]

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2012, 20:04:02 »
John,

RSX 5028 belongs to Paul Staiger who has owned his Ace 2.6 since new! He has a most delightful collection of correspondence from AC at the time of purchase of his Ace.

Paul lives at Boulder Creek CA and is a Member of the ACOC.

Best regards to all

Jonathan Parker

jrlucke

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2012, 21:23:41 »
Thanks Jonathon, that's what I thought. I'd seen previous photos of it at Pebble Beach (and I believe a video of it on roads around Los Gatos, when I had RS5024 I lived quite near there).

The original UK plates on the red 2.6 at Pebble Beach (and in the Pebble Beach tour photos) confirms that it is RS5030, Jim Feldman's Ace.

John

BBK

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2012, 23:59:24 »
quote:
Originally posted by MkIV Lux

quote:
..... I actually got around 19 MPG city/freeway combined, so thought that was pretty good!  Likewise...perhaps you can make it to the International that Gus is working on here in the USA!  Hope to meet as well.

.. my MkIV with standard 302 EFI on our last International up to Scotland (3.850 kms) ended up with 22.1 MPG (UK). These are such bloody good cars! Hope to be able to test it once in CA [:)]

Constant....are you going to try to make the U.S. International?  If so, that would be great and you can test it out on the great roads we have over here.

AC Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2012, 19:45:48 »
It was sure great seeing this AC Aceca Bristol at the Historic's event. Been a long time since I have seen one up front and personal.

First time I have seen an AC Autokraft in years as well.

AC Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2012, 19:55:12 »
I really enjoyed finally seeing this rig in person.. I have seen numerous pictures (mostly black and white) over the years. Very cool that someone kept it all these years.

AC Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2012, 19:57:37 »
A site to behold! Cobra's coming through the famous corkscrew. Only seven of the 41 in the race, were 427 powered cars. Sorry the quality isn't better, but I didn't have a true video camera.