Author Topic: Mk IV Heater Core  (Read 13216 times)

BBK

• View Profile
Mk IV Heater Core
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 02:16:33 »
quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68

Rob, I've emailed Gerry & Clint, and will deal with the seller first thing Monday . Will let you know A.S.A.P what's happening. Regards, Nik.

Nik, I greatly appreciate your help...thank you.  I believe my mechanic (Craig Hill of Top of the Hill Performance Center) or one of his guys there (Clint) have contacted Gerry but I am in the dark as to what, if any, specific communication they might have had with him re. the EBay core.  Craig is not the greatest in terms of his responding to my email inquiries to him and is hard to get on the phone, so don't know what arrangements, if any, he has made with Gerry.  I will try to find out what they have done regarding securing the EBay heater core from Gerry.  Apart from the EBay unit, apparently, there are no such heater cores anywhere in the USA and Top of the Hill has inquired with some radiator shops about making up one from scratch or repairing my old unit, to no avail.  Guess it is something these shops won't touch!  If there is a way the EBay seller would consider a "one-time" exception, and sell that core to me here in the U.S., that would be terrific.  Thank you again for you kind help.

nikbj68

• View Profile
Mk IV Heater Core
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 10:01:52 »
Uwe, does you source for the part show a shipping option to the USA? Might be useful to get a price if my source can`t.

BBK

• View Profile
Mk IV Heater Core
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2012, 16:40:02 »
Nik, I received your emails....thank you!  I replied with the information you need.--Rob

westcott

• View Profile
Mk IV Heater Core
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2012, 23:03:29 »
They are just German radiator shops and will ship to Germany and worldwide, to "rest of the world" or the U.S. Shipping is more or less between 40 and 50 Euros.

I could help with the transfer or  bring it with me to LA area in September.

Uwe
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler!

nikbj68

• View Profile
Mk IV Heater Core
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2012, 00:22:45 »
Thanks Uwe. September would be too late for Rob, there is preciousl little time between now & Monterey. Arrangements are in progress.[:)]

BBK

• View Profile
Mk IV Heater Core
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2012, 02:46:25 »
Hi Uwe.  Thank you as well.  Nik has been terrific in his assistance to me and has located the core I need and made arrangements to get it to me here in the U.S.  I appreciate your offer of assistance however, it looks like things are handled through Nik's great help.

Rob

nikbj68

• View Profile
Mk IV Heater Core
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2012, 13:04:17 »
Part purchased, shipping arranged. [:)] Hopefully the core will arrive with Rob`s mechanic by the end of this week. I really hope we get the Cobra on the road in time for Monterey!

BBK

• View Profile
Mk IV Heater Core
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2012, 18:53:21 »
Thanks to Nik's amazing help to locate, purchase and ship the part to my mechanic, I am hoping to have my car ready in time for Monterey.  The effort and assistance that Nik has provided has helped me immeasurably and I cannot express adequately my appreciation for all of his help.  The ACOC is a terrific community of people that helps bridge the large distances between us all and make the world a smaller (and better) place to be.

REV

• View Profile
Mk IV Heater Core
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2012, 20:17:38 »
Don't "big" him up too much or we won't be able to do a thing with him!

:-)

I agree he's a lovely guy and a credit to have on board.

nikbj68

• View Profile
Mk IV Heater Core
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2012, 20:30:53 »
[:I]

BBK

• View Profile
Mk IV Heater Core
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2012, 22:20:15 »
quote:
Originally posted by REV

Don't "big" him up too much or we won't be able to do a thing with him!

:-)

I agree he's a lovely guy and a credit to have on board.

That is for sure.  Nik deserves the cudos and credit for this, even if he gets a bit of a swell head from it!![;)]

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Mk IV Heater Core
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2012, 00:25:59 »
Any more praise and we will need Key Hole shaped doors.....

Seriously, Just proves the ACOC Forum works irrespective of continent or expanse of water. Well done Nik.

Good Luck with rebuild and  at Monterey Historics..[;)]

Keith..[:)]

BBK

• View Profile
Mk IV Heater Core
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2012, 06:13:39 »
Thanks Keith!  Just spoke to my mechanic this evening and the car is coming along well.  Rear end is buttoned up with new pinion seal and wheel bearings. Rodded out
   radiator and new hoses back in.  Tuned up and new fluids.  New fuel lines.  New front brake pads.   Some wiring harness work.  Other items as well!    Once the core comes in in the next few days, the dash will be reassembled and new Moto-lita wood steering wheel will be fitted to replace my stock black wheel.  New tires yet to be fitted as ones on the car are old. Fingers crossed that it all comes together on time!

MartynG

• View Profile
Mk IV Heater Core
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2012, 14:42:11 »
quote:
Originally posted by BBK

As a continuation of my saga on getting my AK 1216 road ready, my mechanic advised that my heater core was bypassed a while back and he has taken it out of the car.  Unfortunately, it is shot and not repairable.  He knows the part number but has been unable to locate a new core stateside, and has contacted Hawk Cars and AC Heritage in England per my direction to source this part and is awaiting word from them due to the time difference.  I am hoping that the forum can advise if Hawk and ACH are the proper source for the Mk IV heater core or if there are any other sources you know of.  Also, if a member has by chance, a spare heater core that is in good shape lying about that they wish to sell, please let me know as I would be interested!  Thanks to all.

My mechanic is scrambling to complete the work prior to the Monterey Historic races in a couple of weeks. I have my ticket and corral pass!  The gentleman organizing the corral at the races advised yesterday that there will be 30 original AC/Shelby Cobras in the corral and a total of 175 cars there (Shelby Mustangs, continuation and replica Cobras).  I willtake plenty of pictures and plan to post some after the event!

MartynG

• View Profile
Mk IV Heater Core
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2012, 14:53:09 »
BBK, I had the heater removed from my MkIV (AK 1259) a couple of years ago while I was having some engine work done.  I never took to the Ford heater switchgear that AC used and to be honest there's so much heat soak from the engine that I'd never found the heater that necessary or useful.

I think I still have the box of 'bits' lying around in the garage somewhere.  I'll have a look and let you know.

Not being as technical as most of you, could you provide a photo of what you're trying to replace so I know exactly what I'm looking for ?
quote:
Originally posted by BBK

As a continuation of my saga on getting my AK 1216 road ready, my mechanic advised that my heater core was bypassed a while back and he has taken it out of the car.  Unfortunately, it is shot and not repairable.  He knows the part number but has been unable to locate a new core stateside, and has contacted Hawk Cars and AC Heritage in England per my direction to source this part and is awaiting word from them due to the time difference.  I am hoping that the forum can advise if Hawk and ACH are the proper source for the Mk IV heater core or if there are any other sources you know of.  Also, if a member has by chance, a spare heater core that is in good shape lying about that they wish to sell, please let me know as I would be interested!  Thanks to all.

My mechanic is scrambling to complete the work prior to the Monterey Historic races in a couple of weeks. I have my ticket and corral pass!  The gentleman organizing the corral at the races advised yesterday that there will be 30 original AC/Shelby Cobras in the corral and a total of 175 cars there (Shelby Mustangs, continuation and replica Cobras).  I willtake plenty of pictures and plan to post some after the event!