Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 3063 times)

twogreens

• View Profile
Insurance
« on: July 16, 2006, 16:27:59 »
Dear All,
   Are there any insurance companies that you can recommend to provide cover for a Mk IV (or any in particular that you wouldn't)?

Kind Regards
   Two Greens

keithjecks

• View Profile
Insurance
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 23:47:42 »
The club's scheme with Boncaster has always been the best for me

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Insurance
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 01:35:05 »
I can vouch for the club insurance scheme,  example... runaway driverless Volvo and Caravan ran into the rear of my Ace (BEX333) whilst on the Luxembourg ACOC International May 2005.  So we have English car hit by dutch Volvo insured in Belgium whilst in Luxembourg.  £11500.00 damage to Ace, all repaired within 6 weeks. all out of pocket expences reimbursed.

Agreed value, fully comprehensive insurance via Brian Gilbart-Smith on 0118 932 1400.

Keith L Lessiter

Insurance
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 03:16:31 »
twogreens ...are you in the US ??  if so funny you post this question.  I'm in the process of insuring 4 of my cars in a Classic / special interest type of insurance ... the car that is causing the most grief is AK3024 AC Cobra.  The other 3 happen to be 2 Pantera's and a Saleen Mustang.  The Cobra I was told in the USA is hard because of the KIT CARS Cobras.  They are limited in serial #'s and ID o I guess people claim them stolen and strip them down ??? I have no idea who would try to scam the insurnace for 50k and sacrifice many years in jail... but I guess I have heard of crazier things.  Anyway my AC Cobra is causing a little grief in my search.

Ron

YEL987

• View Profile
Insurance
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 22:43:00 »
quote:
Originally posted by AK3024

twogreens ...are you in the US ??  if so funny you post this question.  I'm in the process of insuring 4 of my cars in a Classic / special interest type of insurance ... the car that is causing the most grief is AK3024 AC Cobra.  The other 3 happen to be 2 Pantera's and a Saleen Mustang.  The Cobra I was told in the USA is hard because of the KIT CARS Cobras.  They are limited in serial #'s and ID o I guess people claim them stolen and strip them down ??? I have no idea who would try to scam the insurnace for 50k and sacrifice many years in jail... but I guess I have heard of crazier things.  Anyway my AC Cobra is causing a little grief in my search.

Ron

Jan_AC_MKIV_1227

• View Profile
Insurance
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 01:01:59 »
Hello all,
      I just insured my MKIV through Midwest Classics, speak to Robbin Terry, AWESOME prices and flexible limits as a long as you have an appraisal.

Robbin R. Terry, CIC
   Midwest Classic Insurance
   POB 229, 110 South Fifth Street
   Auburn, Illinois 62615
   www.midwestclassicins.com
   1-888-271-4000
   1-217-438-3347 (fax)

Regards,

Jan